How HAL Could Turn Things Around

mariner

Those are the places I frequent. Why should the cruise lines subsidize your taste at the expense of others?

You seem to keep circling back to this. I don't want anyone to subsidize me. If HAL wants to sell me a $5 bottle for $25, then it wants to reach into my pocket for $20 of profit. I am perfectly willing to give them that same $20 bill in exchange for me drinking my own bottle. $20=$20. No one is subsidizing anything. This really isn't a novel or complex idea.

No. And you haven't addressed why you're willing to give up a good cruise for a cheap bottle of wine.

$24 for a HALF bottle is not cheap? Where did you get cheap? $32 for a bottle of sparkling is moderate. Not cheap.

Princess is a good cruise as well, just different.

I have no loyalty to lines, i find ships i prefer. HAL is losing a 3 star mariner, because they went from one extreme to the other.

If HAL would special order, i would stay with them, but they will not. Not less than one case.

Most dessert wines etc come in full bottles. They come in half bottles because they're cheaper. I don't buy cases of half bottles. Talk about mark-up girl.

Quady does not even come in full bottles.

Wow, looks like they are finally doing full bottles, im shocked. Decandencia is only half bottles.

I think you will find most tawny ports are full bottles, dessert and ice wine mostly half.

Most likely depends on what the winery is doing.

Archived