Vow renewal on the beach in Antigua!

Epic Mom

Vow renewal on the beach in beautiful Antigua!

This past April we boarded the Celebrity Summit and cast off from the port in San Juan to tour the Southern Caribbean and celebrate our ten year anniversary. Here is an account of our experience planning our special day as a part of our cruise.

For our ten year vow renewal, we knew we wanted a simple, elegant ceremony on the beach in Antigua. I was born there and had been promising my in-laws to take them to see my island for years. From the first moment I contacted Daniela with my vision she was enthusiastic to help me plan my big day. She listened to my ideas, and made creative and practical suggestions to the overall outline of my day. She took into consideration how much we wanted to spend and created a beautiful event that perfectly fit our budget.

The day of the vow renewal started out rainy but I wasn’t worried because I knew Daniela’s team had a contingency plan. Once the rain blew over, we were met by Simone, our hostess for the day, who took us to a vehicle and transported us to Ffryes Beach for the ceremony. Picture this if you can: white pearlescent sand, turquoise water lapping gracefully against the shore, a lovely arch covered in white flowing fabric and beautiful tropical flowers. The men had boutonnieres pinned to their lapels and the women were shown to white chairs flanked by pretty baskets holding white umbrellas (just in case it rained again). I was given a beautiful white and green bouquet of flowers that matched our colour theme perfectly. Before I knew it, I was walking down an aisle of petals on the sand to the arch, turning to speak my vows to my loving husband of ten wonderful years. I couldn’t stop smiling as my father-in-law read the special sermon that he had prepared. It was such a gift to have him speak those words of blessing over us, as he did ten years ago on our wedding day. We wrote special vows to each other that included our children; we called it our ‘family vows’. When the ceremony concluded, we toasted our family’s health with sparkling wine for the adults and juice for the children, all provided by Daniela’s company. Then it was time to cut the cake – a beautiful, traditional, Caribbean wedding rum cake with white icing. It was so delicious we couldn’t stop eating it! We actually finished the entire cake before leaving the beach.

Our photos were taken by Shelly from Shelly Chadburn Photography and she was great at getting us to relax and be comfortable in front of the camera. Usually I’m the one at all the family events making sure everyone is ok, drinks are filled, wallflowers are engaged in conversation, and capturing the moments with my camera. So it was great to engage the services of someone who knows their craft so well. For once, I felt like I could stop running around and simply enjoy the experience. At Shelly’s prompting I did just that. I stopped trying to manage my kids, stopped trying to play the hostess, stopped the general business that’s become such a part of my life since becoming a mother, and relaxed into the arms of my husband. Shelly’s personality really complimented Daniela’s team and I felt they worked well together to give us a treasured memory filled with love, peace and joy. Technically speaking, Shelly put a lot of care into taking and editing some gorgeous photos for us. All in all, we found that she had a perfect balance of professionalism, insight and artistry. My only concern was that it took a very long time to receive the photos. However, because of Shelly, we have many beautiful, timeless photographs that wonderfully capture a particularly special time in our lives.

Once the formal part of the vow renewal was over, we changed into our swimsuits and got ready to relax on the beach. Daniela and her team provided a picnic lunch of sandwiches, fruits and juice. We spent most of the afternoon swimming, eating, lounging under beach umbrellas, laughing, making memories, and having the time of our lives. We really appreciated Simone, who while maintaining a consummate professionalism, was also very down to earth and a wonderful breath of fresh air.

I would highly recommend Daniela and her team to help plan your next event. Whether you are planning a wedding or vow renewal in Europe, America, the Caribbean, any tropical island, Australia or in her birth land of Italy, Daniela will take excellent care of you. She took the stress out of our vow renewal and thanks to her and her team we had the perfect day. From the beginning of the planning process to the execution of this event, we were very impressed by the passion and love that Daniela, Simone and the rest of the team put in to organizing and coordinating our day.

To Daniela and her team, thank you for transforming our vow renewal dreams into such a beautiful reality. Our family who attended couldn’t stop gushing about what an amazing job you and your team did and how nice everyone was! We appreciate your making our vow renewal unforgettable. If we could do it all over again we wouldn’t change a thing. The hard work of this team of professionals made our day absolutely perfect. Thanks again!

You can see some more photos of our vow renewal here:

http://1epicmom.com/2013/08/02/bliss-weddings-vow-renewal/

• 5 years later...