Carnival Dream Cabin 2414 "not a Dream" NOISY-July 2013

aquadiverz

Hello fellow Carnival Cruisers,

We are 9 time Carnival Cruisers and love the cruise experience. This was our first sailing on the "Dream". Great ship, great fun, and loved, loved loved our cove balcony room. We are a "cup full" kinda family and try and roll with whatever comes our way and be positive, especially on vacation. With that said, I read the reviews on both Cruise Critic and the Carnival forum on cabin #2414 and had booked this room on a last minute cruise and no way to change cabins as everythinbg was booked. Folks mentioned the loud noise, banging, rolling carts, etc noise and we hoped for the best and brought ear plugs (first time doing that!).

Well, everyone was right! This room is a nightmare. The noise is non-stop! Not so bad when your not in the cabin! It went on at all times. When trying to sleep, the ear plugs helped tremendously but does not help with everything. This cabin is located below the galley. Not sure what is going on with this particular area but sounds of dropping metal, banging carts, rolling carts, pans, pots, heavy metals of some sort, banging, etc. You name it and believe me, I'm not being over the top here. We did enjoy the cove balcony and being close to the water. Fun experience and will do this category again but in a different area.

Carnival Guest services did try and move us to another cabin but nothing was available, completely booked. They compensated us with 20% money back and a 15% off a future cruise which helped but glad to be out of this cabin and looking to the future for a more quiet room. PLEASE read my WARNING and book another cabin if at all possible. If you are thinking "its a ship, they all make noise", that is true. However, the regular noises do not bother us, I realize its a moving ship. This is never ending "LOUD" noise. If you decide to chance it, like we did, then bring noise proof headphones. Just saying!!!! Your choice. Dream cruise July 2013

Happy Cruising. :)

Thanks for sharing. I was looking at cove balconies for a last minute Dream cruise and all of them were similar to yours. Wanted to try a cove, but felt all of the rooms left would be noisy due to the galley being above it and would be a similar experience like you had. Liked the fact that the coves were so close to the ocean, but did not want to go through what you did. So, booked a higher category for $50 more on Deck 8. Of all of the Carnival ships that I have booked rooms on, I've had to be more careful on room selection on this ship.

Had a room on the Glory below the Lido Deck and could not sleep due to the scraping noise of the chairs above and it went on at all times of the night. Never again.

Hello fellow Carnival Cruisers,

We are 9 time Carnival Cruisers and love the cruise experience. This was our first sailing on the "Dream". Great ship, great fun, and loved, loved loved our cove balcony room. We are a "cup full" kinda family and try and roll with whatever comes our way and be positive, especially on vacation. With that said, I read the reviews on both Cruise Critic and the Carnival forum on cabin #2414 and had booked this room on a last minute cruise and no way to change cabins as everythinbg was booked. Folks mentioned the loud noise, banging, rolling carts, etc noise and we hoped for the best and brought ear plugs (first time doing that!).

Well, everyone was right! This room is a nightmare. The noise is non-stop! Not so bad when your not in the cabin! It went on at all times. When trying to sleep, the ear plugs helped tremendously but does not help with everything. This cabin is located below the galley. Not sure what is going on with this particular area but sounds of dropping metal, banging carts, rolling carts, pans, pots, heavy metals of some sort, banging, etc. You name it and believe me, I'm not being over the top here. We did enjoy the cove balcony and being close to the water. Fun experience and will do this category again but in a different area.

Carnival Guest services did try and move us to another cabin but nothing was available, completely booked. They compensated us with 20% money back and a 15% off a future cruise which helped but glad to be out of this cabin and looking to the future for a more quiet room. PLEASE read my WARNING and book another cabin if at all possible. If you are thinking "its a ship, they all make noise", that is true. However, the regular noises do not bother us, I realize its a moving ship. This is never ending "LOUD" noise. If you decide to chance it, like we did, then bring noise proof headphones. Just saying!!!! Your choice. Dream cruise July 2013

Happy Cruising. :)

Sorry about all the noise, hopefully your next cruise will be much better...I'm glad the compensated you as well..I was curious about the Eastern iten. Are elegant nights still Sunday and Thursday? TIA!!!:)

aquadiverz;

So sorry you had such a noisy cabin. I wouldn't be a happy camper if I didn't get my sleep at night.

For our November cruise we have cabin 2322. We should be alright since it is not direct under the galley.

Sweet dreams on your next cruise.:)

Cabin Selection is all when it comes to successful cruising.

Pay great or greater attention to Deck Plans.

I have Deck Plans to all my favourite or likely ships pre-BOOKMARKED on Firefox!

When I book a cruise,

I have the phone in one hand, and my computer mouse in the other.

You get 1 guess as to which web-site I'm on, when I make the call.

It'll be looking very much like this one.

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan.php?SailDate=&ShipID=54223&DeckNumber=2

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to follow up and let you all know to use my review of the cove balcony room 2414 only for that room/area. I did review other cabins in that category as you all should do before booking, and make an informed decision. I found other folks had no noise or little noise issues and had a better experience. If you book well in advance and not last minute like we did you will have better options. The cove balcony rooms are awesome and being so close to the water and sheltered from the balconies above was enjoyable. Its like you are in your own private area. Keep in mind the closer you are to the bow (front) of the ship the more likely you are to get ocean spray. We stayed dry being in back but the cabins closer up were getting wet. Just a heads up tip. Shoot for somewhere in the middle and look at the website cruisedeckplans.com and see what will be above you. Hope this helps. :)

Great suggestion Aplmac,

We always check out the deck plans above, below, and all around us. We just happen to book our last cruise-last minute. You get what you get! In our research after booking this cabin many rooms were fine below the galley. You just never know what area will be noisy and which won't. I'm so glad that cruise critic provides this forum to communicate better details on our experiences to help each other. Thanks for your input and happy cruising on your trip.

Archived