Can kids eat in the specialty restaurants?

james'mommy

I'm looking to book a couple of specialty restaurants on our Jewel cruise, but am curious about how the pricing works when reserved in advance.

I want to book Cagney's for New Year's Eve, but when I book it for the four of us, it is full price. Do they reduce the price once aboard and if so how is that done? Do I need to ask for it or will they adjust it when we dine?

As for children's manners, I will just say this... for as many times as I have wondered why I brought these two hellions into this world, I am still amazed at how often they get compliments on their behavior from other diners. It's happened at nice restaurants on land and on every cruise we've been on. I look at my children with a confused look on my face and thank the other diners thinking they must have had far too much wine. ;)

I have toddlers who constantly get compliments on their behavior. Even when I consider their behavior to be bad someone will come up to me tell me how cute they are, and how well behaved. I think it is because we practice- we eat out often with the kids, that they are well behaved.

That is great advice to take them out to practice before the trip.

I'm looking to book a couple of specialty restaurants on our Jewel cruise, but am curious about how the pricing works when reserved in advance.

I want to book Cagney's for New Year's Eve, but when I book it for the four of us, it is full price. Do they reduce the price once aboard and if so how is that done? Do I need to ask for it or will they adjust it when we dine?

As for children's manners, I will just say this... for as many times as I have wondered why I brought these two hellions into this world, I am still amazed at how often they get compliments on their behavior from other diners. It's happened at nice restaurants on land and on every cruise we've been on. I look at my children with a confused look on my face and thank the other diners thinking they must have had far too much wine. ;)

In 3 weekS I can let you know . I prebooked both bamboo and teppenyaki thus paying full fare for the kids. I wanted to make sure we had a certain time and day for teppenyaki. That said I hope they will.credit my onboard account for the kids price difference.

Otherwise, oh well... my oldest is really looking forward teppenyaki.

From what I've read.... if they order off of the regular kids menu you will get a full refund for the kids. If they order off of the specialty menu you will be reimbursed 1/2 price. I pre-booked all dinners and paid full price. Will see when we get to each if she wants whats on the menu or chicken fingers.

The one thing I do wonder is will it be an on board credit or do they credit back the card you used to book the reservation?

Yes - adjust it at the restaurant when you dine - they don't know what your child will order ahead of time (specialty, specialty kids, or MDR food).

Also just to clarify, there is no kids discount at Tepinyaki at all as I understand it (I've not take my kids there, but I think I remember seeing that disclaimer around)

We would all like to see children behave but there are no rules regarding age limits in the specialty restaurants. I hope you and your children have a wonderful trip. My son, 10 years old (and well-behaved just like I'm sure yours are :D), loves cruising; but I have not taken him to a specialty restaurant yet. I intend to take him to Teppanyaki Hibachi Grill because he loves Japanese food and he has enjoyed the Japanese steakhouses in our city.

Have a lovely time!

Oh whats the name of the steakhouse?

Yes - adjust it at the restaurant when you dine - they don't know what your child will order ahead of time (specialty, specialty kids, or MDR food).

Also just to clarify, there is no kids discount at Tepinyaki at all as I understand it (I've not take my kids there, but I think I remember seeing that disclaimer around)

We've paid half price there the last being last summer. I checked on the NCL dining guide and in the area where it mentions kids eating for half price I wasn't seeing any disclaimer.

When I booked tepenyaki on my NCL it did have the statement "per child pricing done on the ship"

That is similar to what it says under all specialty resturants so it seems there is a child discount at tepenyaki as well.

And its 13 days and counting....:D

Received my confirmation for Cagney's this afternoon and it confirms that they will credit the kids at least 50% on the ship, though it doesn't say anything about full credit if they eat off of the kids menu. I know my daughter will most likely eat off of the adult menu now that she thinks she is an adult (she is 12 by the way :rolleyes:), but my 7 yo son is a chicken nuggets connoisseur and will almost certainly order those. I'm not overly concerned, though.