Help! - Last minute cruise...

cruiser4four

We're trying to book a last minute cruise leaving from one of the Florida ports. Price is an issue. We saw a great cruise leaving this Saturday (August 10th) but before we could book all the cabins were gone. My question...what are the chances a cabin on that cruise would become available by this weekend?

The odds of a cabin opening up are pretty slim. Remember if someone did not buy insurance, there is no point in cancelling, they could just be no shows as they are not getting the cruisefare back if they cancel within the last 2 weeks except for add on taxes and fees.

I would just be a no show. There is no point to cancel at this point for the majority of people.

Have you checked other Florida ports? I would do that even if I had to drive further.

We're trying to book a last minute cruise leaving from one of the Florida ports. Price is an issue. We saw a great cruise leaving this Saturday (August 10th) but before we could book all the cabins were gone. My question...what are the chances a cabin on that cruise would become available by this weekend?

Have you thought about pack & go? Although I deleted it, my pvp had sent me a big list.

Have you thought about pack & go? Although I deleted it, my pvp had sent me a big list.

I don't know much about pack and go but I thought the list comes out on Wednesday. We were waiting till then to see if anything was available. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I don't know much about pack and go but I thought the list comes out on Wednesday. We were waiting till then to see if anything was available. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I got my pack and go email today, as well as more=merrier as well.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a PVP? I suggest calling.

You are correct, that pack n go starts on Wednesday. Some PVPs like mine send out the list early so you can look over it. For instance there was a really good rate on a Triumph cruise I wanted to book and my PVP said she was trying to nail it down at midnight Tuesday night. There were at most 1 or 2 cabins at that price, and she spent some time trying to book one of them. If someone clicks to look at a cabin, it ties it up for like 20 minutes and if they dont put a hold on it or book it then it goes back into inventory.

you cant book it until midnight tuesday (which is wednesday very early)

I doubt there are any pack n goes for this saturday. Just saying, as it would be so close to the sail date..pack n goes are usually for a little further out if a cruise is not selling well. Last week my Sept Miracle to Hawaii cruise was listed for instance.

the cruise lines have to give a manifest to homeland security 72 hours before the ship leaves so your chances are very slim.:( for this weekend anyways

The last manifest goes in one hour before sailing. The 72 hours is not the last manifest.

It has nothing to do with when you can book. Its a internet rumor about the 72 hours being important to booking.

I have booked the day of a cruise.

No we don't have a PVP. We don't even know how to find one lol.

Call Carnival and request a PVP. They have access to rooms you can't see, or can suggest alternative cruises. Some PVP's go to great lengths (such as the one poster's PVP who is planning on completing their booking at midnight).

At least you will have a direct contact on the inside that can guide you.

Call Carnival. Bingo, you have one.

Actually I tried this and it did not work. I got a CVS rep, the kind that takes incoming calls.

I got my first one by putting in my phone number and having someone call me back .. not the best PVP.

I recommend getting a referral to a really good one. I wound up getting rid of my first one.

Sorry my fellow cruisers; I'm a rookie here on these boards and trying to follow many post with all the acronyms is confusing.

Can you please tell me what a "PVP."

Thanks and I hope the OP (I was able to find that one out in a sticky") will be able to find that last minute cruise.

Archived