What is basic amenities............Caviar????

upscalecruiser

By reading one of the messages that basically referred to caviar as a basic amenity, I have learned something today.

I never knew that Caviar was a basic amenity.

Obviously we grew up in two completely different worlds.

I have cruised on smaller ships for the past 15 years.

Seabourn, Wind Star and SeaDream.

By far, SeaDream is the best I have been on when it comes to food and service.

I don't believe anyone is going on a cruise just because of the caviar.

If so, then you have lost focus.

It is the crew that makes the ship and the cruise.

SeaDream has the best crew in the industry.

Mr. Brynestad founded Seabourn and later sold it to Carnival.

Then he created SeaDream, taking it to the next level.

No wonder they have outranked all cruise lines in the world when it comes to food and service.

I am already looking forward to my next cruise on SeaDream, knowing that Christophe, Werner, Beni in the Bar, Robert the Chef and all the rest of the exceptional staff will be there.

:)

"I never knew that Caviar was a basic amenity.

Obviously we grew up in two completely different worlds."

The standard I referenced in refering to caviar is a "basic amenity" was one set by Silverseas and Seabourn in maketing themselves as a " small ship luxury cruise line." An "all-suite" ship, "open dining," "decent house wine selection at meals included in the cruise fare," etc. are also "basic amenities" by this niche industry standard. Seadream also markets itself as a " small ship luxury cruise line." Accordingly, the standard set by these "luxury cruise lines" long before Seadream was introduced is that caviar is a basic amenity included as part of the cruise fare. Until recently, Seadream followed suit. Now it does not. Therefore, by definition, it fails to meet the industry standard as defined by the small ship luxury lines I referenced in citing said "standard" because it DOES NOT include caviar, a basic amenity, in the fare. My exposure in life is completely irrelevant. You "obviously" completely missed my agrument and point entirely.

Caviar aside, we enjoyed the staff immensely, but they can't hold a candle to the Seabourn staff.

The house wines were good to poor.

Our ship was part couples, part charter because of a large group of people who won some sales contest, and would never have been there otherwise.

Christophe was great, but I believe he has moved on.

They have the potential to be a contender, but aren't there yet.

Christophe was great, but I believe he has moved on.

Don't panic. Christophe Cornu the Chief Steward on SD 2 has NOT moved on. I believe that there was a waiter or bartender also named Christophe who may have moved on.

We have heard many wonderful things about Christophe on SD 2. We are looking forward to meeting him when we cruise on SD 2 in November.

Does anyone know who will be replacing Jimmie on SD 1?

Does anyone know who will be replacing Jimmie on SD 1?

Sean, who had been Christophe's first assistant on SD 2 is moving to SD 1 as the primary Chief Steward. Tomasz will remain the Assistant Chief Steward when Sean is aboard and will take over as CS in Sean's absence.

I believe that there was a waiter or bartender also named Christophe who may have moved on.

As a further update on Christophe the bartender, I have it on reasonably good authority that he has not left the company. Rather, he has been promoted to Provision Master which means that he is still aboard (I'm not sure whether he's on SD 1 or 2 or perhaps both) but in more of a behind the scenes capacity.

Archived