Few questions for Pac Jewel and Cabin 8119

margrey

Called P&O yesterday to ask if i could use future cruise letter from Princess on a P&O cruise was told NO fair enough, have platinum on Princess asked if this got us anything IE internet time early boarding etc....was told NO. Why does this not carry over to P&O they are the same company after all, was told by the operator they were not the same company!!!!!!!!!is this right????:confused: I always thought they were. also any info on cabin 8119 would be much appreciated noise etc....Thanks Marg

Called P&O yesterday to ask if i could use future cruise letter from Princess on a P&O cruise was told NO fair enough, have platinum on Princess asked if this got us anything IE internet time early boarding etc....was told NO. Why does this not carry over to P&O they are the same company after all, was told by the operator they were not the same company!!!!!!!!!is this right????:confused: I always thought they were. also any info on cabin 8119 would be much appreciated noise etc....Thanks Marg

Hi Marg, we are elite with princess and the only benefit we get with p&o is an invite to the Captains cocktail party, nothing else

with cabin 8119 if you go to bed early you will get the noise coming from Connexions Bar, if you stay up till midnight you'll be ok but at the tender ports you could get an early morning wake up call as they are outside your window

we havent seen you for awhile as we have cruised with you on princess going to the south pacific, we used to sit with you both on deck 12

bob

Hi Bob nice of you to reply, yes i thought we would have bumped into each other before now ha ha although we have not cruised since nov 2011 as we had a big trip to scotland last year. i thought we might get noise from that cabin oh well just have to put up with it i suppose.hope you and your wife are keeping well. Marg

Princess and P&O are not the same company. They are both owned by Carnival but are quite separate, although they both operate out of the same building in Sydney. P&O doesn't have a Loyalty Programme so no-one gets free internet minutes or the other perks that we enjoy on Princess. On P&O when you first board there will be a card enquiring about previous cruises. They also count Princess and Sitmar. You can therefore expect an invitation to the cocktail party if you put the card in. This invitation doesn't come automatically - you have to put the card in.

Thanks Aus Traveller, i usually cruise with Princess but i have done a few P&O ones did not realise there was no loyalty programm with them oh well at least i can enjoy a cocktail or two on the captain ..

Thanks Aus Traveller, i usually cruise with Princess but i have done a few P&O ones did not realise there was no loyalty programm with them oh well at least i can enjoy a cocktail or two on the captain ..

Marg what you want to do is to buy some FCC's, they are the same as princess and next time you cruise you are saving $$$

Do You have to buy them on P&O? i have a free one from Princess but cannot use it on the Jewel.

yes Marge you have to buy them on p&o, same price as princess $100 PP,

we like them for the extra OBC but if any unforseen happens you can cancel out for any reason as long as you havent made final payment

I dont think i paid for mine Bob ,,,,interesting

The current Princess ones have a cost but the benefits are much better than the old free ones. With both Princess and P&O you can only buy them on board and it is one of the rare occasions when it is a 'win-win'. There is no downside. If you don't want to book another cruise in the future, you can apply to have your money refunded. :)

I have just realised that our cabin is above the smoking deck 7 does anyone know if there is any chance we will get the smell in an outside cabin? I know the windows don't open but how tightly sealed are they .

I have just realised that our cabin is above the smoking deck 7 does anyone know if there is any chance we will get the smell in an outside cabin? I know the windows don't open but how tightly sealed are they .

Marge you'll be fine....are you still on the cigs and the smoking area on deck 12 starboard side goes all the way along and much better than princess

Archived