Unlimited laundry- yes or no

robtbob

We've used both the unlimited & the by-the-bag options. Just like Mrs. Erin-Cruisers, I can stuff a whole lot into what the husband thinks is a full laundry bag. :)

Just want to mention that all clothing is washed in hot water & dried at a high temp. There is no such thing as a delicate cycle. Yes, everything comes back pressed & is either folded or on hangers & is lovely. But it took me several cruises to be willing to send out my unmentionables (so maybe don't pack the newest, prettiest ones ;)). Some things I still hand-wash in the bathroom sink. As for John's cotton golf shirts, which I normally do not dry, I give them a test hot wash & dry at home before the cruise.

Even tho a couple of recent cruises have been on ships with self-service laundry, we've still chosen to send out our dirties. We're on vacay & don't want to spend our on-board time doing chores. I'm willing to press John's dress shirts for nighttime, as that only takes a few minutes, but why spend several hours of my trip tied to the spins & coins of the laundromat? :) This is one service that is done very well IMO

sorry - I disagree and I use laundry a LOT. I mark what I want done in cold water (which is how it is done at home) and trust me if it hadn't been done that way there would have been problems.

the max clothes are washed is warm I believe from what I was told.

Nothing in my clothing has been damaged or ruined and if it was in HOT water it certainly would have been.

Laundry is done well IMO - the laundry on the Prinsendam is the best - check out my live thread - there were a couple of posts by people who were very impressed by the job. and no, the whites weren't grey by the end of the cruise, they stayed white:D After 30 days, you can't complain;)

I take advantage of the unlimited laundry service depending upon the cruise. On our next cruise, on the NA, we have no choice...no self service facilities. Having said that, the first 10 days has only 1 sea day...the first day....so doing laundry would not have worked out very well!

When we're on S class ships, we do it sometimes...but on the Ryndam this winter, we went into Code Red so the Laundromats were shut down.

We've never had a problem with anything coming back anything but perfectly done. And...I'm very picky about that!

:) Once again I'm impressed by the Cruise Critic family. That's all you guys. Thanks to all for your very thorough information and advice of what you have experienced and learnt on your previous journeys. Now I can make a decision based on your information. Thanks again. Robtbob

Archived