Liberty vs. RCCL

Grundygirl

We have the opportunity to go on a last minute cruise this month. I've found a great price on the Liberty for 3 people. My husband is thinking it would be worth an additional $600 - $1200 to sail on RCCL Freedom or Allue / Oasis. Any thoughts???

We love the Carnival Liberty (our favorite Carnival ship). But $600 extra for the Allure/Oasis? Without a doubt, 100% YES!! The experience is like NOTHING out there. Absolutely amazing.

We paid a good $2000 extra to sail on the Allure during its inaugural season, and considered every extra penny money well spent.

We have the opportunity to go on a last minute cruise this month. I've found a great price on the Liberty for 3 people. My husband is thinking it would be worth an additional $600 - $1200 to sail on RCCL Freedom or Allue / Oasis. Any thoughts???

I am assuming $600. more for Freedom of the Seas, and $1200. for Oasis/Allure?

DW and I have sailed Liberty 2 times, both before the 2.0 upgrades, and she is one of our favorite CCL ships. We are sailing on Freedom of the Seas 9/1 for 1st time. We like both lines, but no way are we willing to pay that much difference for same type room, nor do we think there is enough different to pay that.

BTW, our FOS cruise is $50. less in a JS, than we would have paid to sail Dream in an OS the same dates.:D

I sail both CCL and RCCL and like both so I choose based on itinerary and price. The Allure is definitely a different experience so I would go for it if you think you would like that type of experience.

Otherwise, to me I would rather put the $600 - $1,200 towards my next vacation.

I sail both CCL and RCCL and like both so I choose based on itinerary and price. The Allure is definitely a different experience so I would go for it if you think you would like that type of experience.

Otherwise, to me I would rather put the $600 - $1,200 towards my next vacation.

Agree.

I can go on another cruise for $1200!:)

Having recently cruised Carnival Freedom (I think sister ship to the Liberty?) and also sailed the Oasis last year and the Freedom back in 2008, if it were me, I'd spend the extra $. Although the Carnival Freedom was good and we had a nice trip, we LOVED the Freedom and there is just no other word to describe the Oasis other than AMAZING! We also cruise mostly RCCI so I may be a little prejudice, although I don't have any major criticism of Carnival. It's just not my first favorite line as a personal choice. Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time! Let us know! :)

I paid about $1350 total for a baloncy on Oasis on a deal. I have seen tuesday deals for insides as cheap as $399.

While I loved the Oasis, I would never pay $1200 extra.. It would make the cruise less fun I think thats way too much extra.

I would do Carnival. I might be in the minority but $1200 is just way too much extra to me when there are much cheaper deals on that ship.

Archived