Cunard World Club

Mark@cfcmail.co.uk

The last thing we should be advocating on this board is a WC program with tiers determined by cruise nights only. Considering how many 7 night TA's Cunard clients take on QM2 that system would be highly disadvantageous. And some us started accumulating voyages on 6 night TAs. I made Platinum on a lot less than 70 nights and I expect to make Diamond in a lot less than 150 nights. The last thing I want is a change in the rules part way through.

ditto

Yes it does. We're platinum and have had priority disembarkation twice now.

I have the paperwork in front of me with "Cunard World Club Lounge for Diamond and Platinum Members". For your comfort and and pleasure we are delighted to invite our Diamond and Platinum guests to relax in the Todd English Restaurant.

I just happen to have on my office floor the world club cunard membership benefits guide, was waiting to go in the bin, but it has now been useful :)

photo1_zpsa24ae83b.jpgphoto_zps8efd0931.jpg

I think the system will get an overhaul in the not too distant future, it's been done at P&O. On P&O's higher tier's unless you travel regularly once you have reached the top tier, you can go to a lower tier, if not cruised with a certain period. I'm not saying they will do the same system like P&O, but just to say it's possible it could be altered in some way

Andrew

PARTIAL QUOTE

I think the system will get an overhaul in the not too distant future, it's been done at P&O. On P&O's higher tier's unless you travel regularly once you have reached the top tier, you can go to a lower tier, if not cruised with a certain period. I'm not saying they will do the same system like P&O, but just to say it's possible it could be altered in some way

Andrew

Soblue, I think that is a fair guess! 'Alterations' are becoming more frequent, and with little notice in advance of the change - not only for passengers, but also stockholders and those in management postions who were shown the door. -S.

P.S. Thanks for posting World Club membership benefits for the historical record.

You forgot to add the most important clause of the lot, viz:

"A bonus of 10 days will be awarded to any passenger who consumes three or more breakfasts in a single day"

:D

J

WOW!! I should be in Diamond status,then.

We were told we could disembark by the WC man an hour before our given time (by tag colour).

The point I was really trying to make was about the tea, coffee, cakes, newspapers in a comfortable lounge instead of being squeezed in the Queens Room or wherever.

Hi Ray66. Yes, that is a very nice perk, being able to wait for disembarkation in Todd English. As a Platinum World Club member, we have appreciated that facility, but we understand that we are not entitled to priority disembarkation.

However, when there are few passengers remaining in Todd English, after those who booked a higher category have disembarked, we may be permitted to disembark earlier than expected simply because there are so few of us left and there is a need to clear and clean the room.

I agree with you: use of Todd English on QM2 as a disembarkation lounge is a very nice consideration for frequent passengers, and we apppreciate it. Cheers, -S.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the following approach to World Club accumulation? (We did it on Princess and it worked. Its all CCL.) On a 2 segment cruise which we booked as 1 cruise because of the price advantage, we spoke to the onboard Captain Circle representative. The response was that even though Princess would only recognize it as one cruise, Captain Circle recognized it as 2 cruises. The rep had the back office put through a manual adjustment to credit us with the second cruise. Depending on your situation it may or may not help you get to the next level faster but it sure doesn't hurt to cover all the bases.

Just a guess, but given that relatively few Cunard cruises are less than a week long, many/most people who sail on Cunard enough to reach Platinum status get there on nights rather than on voyages. We'll just reach Platinum after the coming Christmas cruise (if my count is correct) after 6 voyages.

Just a guess, but given that relatively few Cunard cruises are less than a week long, many/most people who sail on Cunard enough to reach Platinum status get there on nights rather than on voyages. We'll just reach Platinum after the coming Christmas cruise (if my count is correct) after 6 voyages.

That's a good point. If Transatlantic Crossings are your thing then the voyage route will be quickest. If you are a cruiser, then the night count will probably hit the target first. We have just hit Diamond after 12 voyages, rather than the target 15.

So, now I'm waiting for the new Iridium level (insert smiley thingy) and for all the ladders to become snakes again.

Yes it does. We're platinum and have had priority disembarkation twice now.

I have the paperwork in front of me with "Cunard World Club Lounge for Diamond and Platinum Members". For your comfort and and pleasure we are delighted to invite our Diamond and Platinum guests to relax in the Todd English Restaurant.

Is not applicable if you require wheelchair assistance , then you go to Golden Lion, regardless of your WC status

Since I was "in transit" in Southampton in June, I went to Sir Samuels, for pastries and tea, at 9a.m, instead of going for breakfast with all the crowds. No service.

Apparently the ship "managers in charge" assume everyone is leaving or going on tours, as there is no service in any lounge, and no lunch in Britannia DR for in transit passengers.

Had to go to KC for lunch, only HALF the stations open at 1p.m, although the place was full of people. No pizza, no pasta, and no choice of bread at sandwich station.

First impressions count, and the lack of service does not give a good impression to oncoming passengers, and irritates to hell, this B2B2B passenger. We are totally ignored if we are staying on board.

That's interesting Jimsgirl. I have always felt that boarding day is the best day in the buffet - and that's on four different cruise lines. I was on an MSC cruise last month and was really pleased with their salads on that first day - but could not find a tomato in sight on any other lunchtime. I may be on board slightly later than the time you have mentioned, but I have always felt the meals were good then.

I suspect they take that time to do a thorough clean of all the service lines, as part of the fight against norovirus and other nasties.

We were told we could disembark by the WC man an hour before our given time (by tag colour).

The point I was really trying to make was about the tea, coffee, cakes, newspapers in a comfortable lounge instead of being squeezed in the Queens Room or wherever.

If this helps, I am Diamond and you get a nice lounge to go to for your wait ? you can leave at what ever time you want to and you are given newspapers, you also get a small breakfast buffet of cakes,coffee etc, it is a nicer way to spend any time you have before getting off, but you can ask and choose the time want to leave the ship

Archived