How packed is the fitness center?

LEXIpoo

If you've used it yourself or just walked by, are there usually a lot people occupying the fitness center during the morning/day?

Just got off the Valor and found the fitness center was less and less busy and the cruise went on. Our one sea day was the only day I hate to wait for a treadmill. I usually went around ship leaving from port for the day and it was not awful.

I usually go to the gym mid morning - around 9:00 or 10:00 and it's not crowded, I can usually get a treadmill (if it isn't broken). That was one thing I found on one cruise, several of the treadmills were broken. :cool:

I just got off the Splendor on Monday and went to the gym four times in the morning.

It was busy around 8am.... I never had to wait, but there were people waiting for treadmills and ellipticals when I was on.

I went the same time on the last sea day... there were very few people there.

The one thing, however.. if you are prone to motion sickness, be careful on the ellipticals. I, for one, can only go on the treadmills on a ship.. and I need to watch my ipod and focus on my Foo Fighters concerts! :D

Catrin

Mornings and sea days usually have a little crowd. Even when I've gone during peak times, I've never had a problem getting a cardio machine. Weight machines aren't usually crowded. There are also spinning, yoga, etc classes for an extra charge, I think about $12.

If you've used it yourself or just walked by, are there usually a lot people occupying the fitness center during the morning/day?

Hey LEXIpoo, I've found the gym tends to be packed in the early morning, and usually a line for the treadmills, stairclimbers and stationary bikes. The crowd drops off mid-day or after breakfast, and by evening it's empty.

Just got off the Valor and found the fitness center was less and less busy and the cruise went on. Our one sea day was the only day I hate to wait for a treadmill. I usually went around ship leaving from port for the day and it was not awful.

Less crowded as the cruise goes on because it's hard to work out with a hangover!:D

Like others have said, I've found mornings early in the cruise are the worst. Afternoons are usually not crowded at all and just thins out more and more as the cruise goes on.

I usually go after lunch and either have the place to myself or share it with maybe 2-4 others, all on the treadmills!

Archived