Updated Dry-Dock Schedule

At some point John Heald posted that Paradise and Elation would get 2.0 upgrades instead of the EOF (downgrades) as they were the only two to not have.

They were supposed to be the next Fantasy classes to undergo drydocks since they were next in their class line.

I heard a long time ago that elation and paradise would get major renovations soon since they have dated staterooms and no waterworks and because they were the newest in the class. Then I came to the conclusion that was just a false rumor. Now I think they will just get some 2.0 upgrades

I heard a long time ago that elation and paradise would get major renovations soon since they have dated staterooms and no waterworks and because they were the newest in the class. Then I came to the conclusion that was just a false rumor. Now I think they will just get some 2.0 upgrades

I agree that they will probably only get the 2.0 upgrades.

I put together a dry-dock schedule for all of the Carnival ships. The schedule includes the last known dry-dock and the upcoming dry-dock (if one is scheduled) for each ship.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

The schedule does not have what all of the ships are getting because this information has not yet been made public for all ships. I compiled the information using Carnival's website, go CCL, and John Heald's Blog/Facebook.

And of course, the information is subject to change (Carnival can change their mind!)

Let me know what you think! Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for posting and providing the source of the information.

My concern is the ships going in for the long dry docks will be "sunshined" which in turn means higher prices. I was looking at a western carribean for 2015. A 7 day out of miami on sunshine is running $200 more than same itinerary out of tampa. I realize a major re-do was done but it is not a new boat and i simply will not pay over $900 for a 7 day western carribbean.

Does anybody remember how long it took for drydock when the fantasy class recieved evolutions of fun? I was just thinking though smaller they did quiet bit of work during that time. Stateroom upgrades serenity and waterworks.

35 days, which is about right, especially since these ships are larger than Spirit Class

Go CCL shows the next dry-dock being 3/15/15 - 4/22/15. There is no information about the enhancements or work that will be done yet during this drydock.

If you try to book cruises during these dates (March - April 2015) you will only get March 1, March 8, and April 26. This indicates that the two websites align.

Sorry the ship may not have 2.0 for the cruise you booked in January 2015. Before cancelling try calling Carnival and ask when the ship will receive the 2.0 upgrades & feel free to report back your findings!

Hope this helps!

Ended up moving my Valor cruise from 01/25/2015 to 04/26/2015, the first cruise after the drydock. A 42 day drydock seems unreasonably long even for 2.0 conversions, as Conquest and Glory received the 2.0 upgrades during a 2 week drydock. Any chance that the Valor gets "Sunshined", which if I remember correctly had a 49 day drydock.

Edited by PCHENG

Ended up moving my Valor cruise from 01/25/2015 to 04/26/2015, the first cruise after the drydock. A 42 day drydock seems unreasonably long even for 2.0 conversions, as Conquest and Glory received the 2.0 upgrades during a 2 week drydock. Any chance that the Valor gets "Sunshined", which if I remember correctly had a 49 day drydock.

I do wonder about the Valor. Wonder what they may do?

I do wonder about the Valor. Wonder what they may do?

The Valor will probably receive a miniature version of what the Freedom will get. Victory will probably be the only ship that is truly "Sunshined", and will include everything except for 3 level Serenity.

I thought the Freedom is just getting the standard 2.0 upgrades? Or am I missing something?

There are rumors that the Freedom will receive more than the ordinary 2.0 upgrades. That is, there are rumors that the Freedom will receive a Waterworks and a Skycourse. I believe these rumors that she will receive this because a 49 or 50 day dry dock is very unordinary...

The Valor will probably receive a miniature version of what the Freedom will get. Victory will probably be the only ship that is truly "Sunshined", and will include everything except for 3 level Serenity.

I like your thinking. Maybe the Freedom & Valor will receive the three level serenity.

Is there a certain day of the week that news is released by Carnival or is it random? I keep checking anxiously daily hoping for some news.

I have noticed that most of the time Carnival announces their major news on Thursdays, but they have made announcements other days of the week as well.

What is a level 3 Serenity upgrade? I'm a little lost...lol

Sent from my VS840 4G using Forums mobile app

So when is the Paradise sure for a drydock? I have a cruise planned January 25th and was wondering if we were going to have anything me to look forward to on the ship. Not that I would not be happy getting on the ship just the way she is but waterworks sure would be nice :D along with a few new bars ;):beer:

Sent from my VS840 4G using Forums mobile app