Copenhagen - Port to Airport

Norwegian Star is scheduled to dock at 7 am at pier 254 in Freeport, Copenhagen.

Question 1 - how early can I disembark and through immigration/custom if I carry my own luggage ?

Question 2 - Should I take a cruise shuttle or taxi to the airport ? Which one is faster ?

Question 3 - Do I have enough time to make a 12 noon flight to Amsterdam ?

Thanks.

The first i don´t know.

A taxi must be the quicker option and probably the same price as a bus shuttle if you are 3-4 persons.

What airline are you flying with, KLM , SAS or Norwegian.

SAS has latest check in 35 minutes before departure but thats probably only duable with hand luggage so lets say 1 hour with checked in luggage.

KLM is 1 hour before (30 minutes on business class) and Norwegian is 1,5 hour before departure.

I just found my taxi receipt. We got off the Eurodam on July 10th at around 7am (could have been a little earlier). We did wait in a long taxi line at the pier. We arrived at the airport at 7:49am and we paid 492 DKK. Our Flight was at 11:30am. Try to be out of your room very early with your luggage (preferably on the level ready to disembark) The elevators were full of people with luggage. So try to be ahead of them.

Good Luck!

We were scheduled to dock at 7am but I think we arrived a little earlier. Our flight was to JFK at 11:30am and we had no problem getting to the airport. We were also told if it was a Sat or Sun it would take less time. We arrived back on a Wed but since it was early it was before their rush hour. If its a weekday the drive will be shorter the earlier you leave.

We were scheduled to dock at 7am but I think we arrived a little earlier. Our flight was to JFK at 11:30am and we had no problem getting to the airport. We were also told if it was a Sat or Sun it would take less time. We arrived back on a Wed but since it was early it was before their rush hour. If its a weekday the drive will be shorter the earlier you leave.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope NCL Star will dock on time.

We too debarked from the Eurodam in Copenhagen - on June 10th with an 11:40am flight time.

On the ship, they commented that taxis would be hard to get, especially during weekday days (we arrived on a Monday). Evidently, some families use taxis for school age children transport. A photo by the port guide showed the previous cruise taxis queue (a Friday arrival) and it was VERY long.

So, . . . we opted for self de-barkation and as soon as the announcement was made, we were on our way instantly. We ended up about 10 groups back in the queue. 'As promised', there were no taxis waiting in a line to take people away, . . . each group went one at a time as each taxis drove into the port area. Because we left the ship early, we did not wait very long (maybe 15 minutes), . . . however, when we did finally leave, I looked behind us and the queue had grown quite large. Definitely get off as soon as they announce you can if you are planning to take a taxis with an early flight.

For our cab, a van showed up when it was our turn. A guy quite a ways behind us in the queue yelled out that the van should be used for their group - they needed a van (and this was one of only a few vans that showed up while we were waiting). I guess he thought his group was special. Of course he just pushed is way through the queue hoping his loud voice would work and everyone would yield (which many did unfortunately - don't know what happened after we left, but it started to look ugly). Knowing taxis were limited, I turned to the 2 couples behind us and asked if they wanted to share the ride and the 6 of us jumped right in the van. Point being, people were starting to get aggressive knowing there was going to be a wait. The queue had grown fairly long by then and there was not a lot of queue control that I could see.

It was about a 20 minute ride and we were at the airport by 7:45am. The fares are metered and ours came to ~480 dkk (which we split - 160 dkk each). Most taxis will take plastic. This worked our very well for us to share the ride. I had reserved 500 dkk from our pre-cruise days for the taxis and sharing the taxis left some dkk to burn in the airport. We came home with a very nice additional souvenir.

We too debarked from the Eurodam in Copenhagen - on June 10th with an 11:40am flight time.

On the ship, they commented that taxis would be hard to get, especially during weekday days (we arrived on a Monday). Evidently, some families use taxis for school age children transport. A photo by the port guide showed the previous cruise taxis queue (a Friday arrival) and it was VERY long.

So, . . . we opted for self de-barkation and as soon as the announcement was made, we were on our way instantly. We ended up about 10 groups back in the queue. 'As promised', there were no taxis waiting in a line to take people away, . . . each group went one at a time as each taxis drove into the port area. Because we left the ship early, we did not wait very long (maybe 15 minutes), . . . however, when we did finally leave, I looked behind us and the queue had grown quite large. Definitely get off as soon as they announce you can if you are planning to take a taxis with an early flight.

For our cab, a van showed up when it was our turn. A guy quite a ways behind us in the queue yelled out that the van should be used for their group - they needed a van (and this was one of only a few vans that showed up while we were waiting). I guess he thought his group was special. Of course he just pushed is way through the queue hoping his loud voice would work and everyone would yield (which many did unfortunately - don't know what happened after we left, but it started to look ugly). Knowing taxis were limited, I turned to the 2 couples behind us and asked if they wanted to share the ride and the 6 of us jumped right in the van. Point being, people were starting to get aggressive knowing there was going to be a wait. The queue had grown fairly long by then and there was not a lot of queue control that I could see.

It was about a 20 minute ride and we were at the airport by 7:45am. The fares are metered and ours came to ~480 dkk (which we split - 160 dkk each). Most taxis will take plastic. This worked our very well for us to share the ride. I had reserved 500 dkk from our pre-cruise days for the taxis and sharing the taxis left some dkk to burn in the airport. We came home with a very nice additional souvenir.

Thanks for your advice. We'll get up early to be among the first group to disembark.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed my cruise. We did the walk-off and were among the first 20 people walked off at 7:30 am after the ship docked at 7 am. Taxi came in one by one only. It took about 30 minutes to the airport. Many people took the shuttle bus. My friends had their luggage out the night before and got off at 8:45 am (you can get off as early as 8:15 am) and there were not many people standing in line for taxi. Please note that NCL Star was the only ship docked that morning.

Thanks for reporting back! I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

I am booked on the Star departing Sept. 1/returning Sept. 10.

What shuttle are you referring to? The NCL shuttle that only takes airport passengers with flights after 12:30?

Come on over to the roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1635421&page=21

Liz

Thanks for reporting back! I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

I am booked on the Star departing Sept. 1/returning Sept. 10.

What shuttle are you referring to? The NCL shuttle that only takes airport passengers with flights after 12:30?

NCL Shuttle. NCL refused to let me book the shuttle for my 12:10 pm flight when I called them a week before my cruise. However, the last daily newsletter distributed during the cruise indicated there was a NCL shuttle taking people with flights between 12 noon to 12:30 pm.

Archived