Is the Serenity deck for people over 18 or over 21 years old?

Jeafl

We are cruising with a group of adults plus my daughter who will be 18. Will she be able to use the Serenity deck or will they toss her out?

If she is hanging out with a group of people who are obviously over 21 and she's acting as if she was over 21, I doubt seriously she is going to have a problem.

If she is hanging out with a group of people who are obviously over 21 and she's acting as if she was over 21, I doubt seriously she is going to have a problem.

It's been noted she might be asked, but it isn't likely. Just don't draw attention to the group in any way.

I think she'll be fine. Carnival only seems to be super strict about this if the person looks really young (ie: a 13 year old). If she is turning 18 and she is hanging out with the rest of you she should be fine. Now if your luck is bad and they card her then thats another story, but I will bet she'll be fine!

It's been noted she might be asked, but it isn't likely. Just don't draw attention to the group in any way.

She's a really quiet kid, and the rest of the group is between 45 and 75 years old. None of us are exactly wild and crazy so I doubt we would draw attention to ourselves. I guess we'll play it by ear and see what happens. If we all have to sit somewhere else it wouldn't be tragic, it would just be nice to enjoy the serenity deck for a change.

She's a really quiet kid, and the rest of the group is between 45 and 75 years old. None of us are exactly wild and crazy so I doubt we would draw attention to ourselves. I guess we'll play it by ear and see what happens. If we all have to sit somewhere else it wouldn't be tragic, it would just be nice to enjoy the serenity deck for a change.

I've seen some not so favorable behaviors when there's a group of young people, especially college age but over 21.

We are cruising with a group of adults plus my daughter who will be 18. Will she be able to use the Serenity deck or will they toss her out?

Just go for it. Worst case scenario they ask her to leave ( unlikely ). She won't have to walk the plank!

You can die for our country at 18, but going on the serenity area is a no no ;)

My thoughts exactly... In this country 18 is considered an adult, you are no longer a minor, you can serve your country, you are emancipated from your parents, you can get married.... And in my opinion you should be able to sit in the serenity area... As long as you're being serene that is. And I'm going to be 44 In a couple of weeks and kids tend to irritate me to be honest but fair is fair - it's not a nightclub, is a quiet deck where you can read and relax.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I suspect the 21 rule is more to use if they need to monitor young groups; our older son enjoyed this area with us several times over the last two-three years...he will be 21 Nov. 2014. We are also not a rowdy couple, but we enjoy a bucket of beer and/or a fruity drink, and we are attempting to teach our son responsible drinking. He can pass for older and has a military hairstyle. I hope you can enjoy the area. Sometimes places like this make your cruise perfect instead of just great. That is how we feel about the Cloud 9 spa;)

good'luck with finding chairs for your group

Yeah the hell with rules, it's ok for you to break them. but what about that 17 yr old that looks older, how about the 15 yr old with all the makeup who looks older, where does it end. Why does everyone think it's ok for them to break the rules. No kids in the hottub, well that doesn't apply to my kid, next thing you know a hot tub full of kids. Why can't my kid go into the red frog pub, he likes the chicken wings, who cares if it makes the other adults uncomfortable. Might as well sneak some alcohol on board while you're at it.

Yeah the hell with rules, it's ok for you to break them. but what about that 17 yr old that looks older, how about the 15 yr old with all the makeup who looks older, where does it end. Why does everyone think it's ok for them to break the rules. No kids in the hottub, well that doesn't apply to my kid, next thing you know a hot tub full of kids. Why can't my kid go into the red frog pub, he likes the chicken wings, who cares if it makes the other adults uncomfortable. Might as well sneak some alcohol on board while you're at it.

Wow... Do you need help off the soapbox you're preaching from? Until you can look in the mirror and tell yourself that you have never broken a rule, perhaps self reflection may be in order. I fly every week, and every week upon takeoff and landing at 10,000 feet the announcement is made to turn off all electrical devices - not just airplane mode... And I will say 100 percent of the time the moment we land I see at least a handful of people already on their iPhones.... I have an iPhone and I know that when you power down it takes a couple of minutes for it to power up .... Or how about when you touchdown and they say please don't release your seat belts until the pilot has turned off the seatbelt light and all you hear is click click click with the light still illuminated ... Or the speed limit is 65 and every car is pushing 70.... Or the ten item or less lane and... I could go on and on. The point I'm trying to make is that all around us people push the rules, if you focus on what others do or don't do you will never have time to just sit back and enjoy life. I appreciate rules so when things get out of control, it can be addressed with a policy to back you up - the kid in the red frog who is throwing his chicken wing bones at people and screaming at the top of his lungs, or the group of loud obnoxious 18 year olds sitting in the hot tub in the serenity area heckling everyone walking past, or the Audi pushing 90 down the expressway weaving in and out of traffic.

If kids could be quiet and peaceful in the serenity area there wouldn't have to be a rule, but kids are kids and most don't have self control yet (most, not all)- so they pick an arbitrary age to slap on the rule in case rowdiness ensues they can address it - I'm fairly certain that the 18 year old hanging out with a bunch of middle age adults is not why the rule was put into place.

Now I will get off MY very own soapbox. Normally I don't speak out because I try to be tolerant of others ignorance and their inability to be understanding of the world around them but seriously. The OP was asking a sincere question, not asking for a sarcastic lecture on right and wrong.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I actually agree with this. Space for us adults is already limited in that area as is. It wouldn't be a big deal if only one person did it but the mentality of so many seem to be if others break this rule I will as well. It is frustrating to go to the adult area and see youngsters in the hot tub no matter how mature or quiet they are.

Archived