Is the Serenity deck for people over 18 or over 21 years old?

Jeafl

LOL you are not a guest, you are a paying customer and the customer is always right. I am teaching my adult child how to survive in a world where NO rule goes unbroken, where it's more important to treat each other kindly and with respect than to be the one at the end that followed the most rules. The idealism on this thread is nice, but I prefer to live in reality. When they start checking IDs at the door as they do at the adult bars, the 21 and over rule will then be unquestioned. As it is now, there is no full-time enforcement. Obviously most customers don't have an issue with the rule's application at this time.Those people judging parents need to look at their own lives and which rules they bend before making negative statements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

The customer is NOT always right. The line " the customer is always right" was a motto for Marshall Fields department store in Chicago. It meant customer complaints should be taken seriously and to not be rude to customers. You treat the customers as if they were right. It wouldn't make any sense to agree with everything the customer demands. If a customer walked into a car showroom and stated they wanted a new car for a penny, would you sell them the 40k car for a penny? Of course not.

I think I'm gonna walk around naked next cruise,after all I paid for it and it's my vacation, and the customer is always right, soooo, hairy back and all I'm going au natural.

You'll save money by pre-booking your flight home from the next port. :p

You can die for our country at 18, but going on the serenity area is a no no ;)

Actually JH had this question on his Facebook page a couple of months ago. His response to the under 21 yo soldier was to enjoy the serenity area while on his cruise.

Actually JH had this question on his Facebook page a couple of months ago. His response to the under 21 yo soldier was to enjoy the serenity area while on his cruise.

You are so right I saw that on FB too!! And this is exactly what my 18 yr old soldier did. We went in early December to celebrate a few special occasions with him and our 21 yr old DD and the 2 of them had a blast on the Magic with us. They enjoyed the Serenity and never had any issues with my Son being with her. There was a crowd of them that were together all week about 20 of them from 18-30 they were a decent crowd not too rowdy but enjoying themselves as they should. ;)

It is all about how you carry yourself if you are questioned. I would like to see them make a group of 40 somethings leave sometimes when I have been out there LOL. People get rowdy regardless of age it isn't always the teens or young adults going wild. Yes the door clearly says 21 so do most bars but they will let you in but not let you drink. Is this teaching my kids to break rules....hmmmmm I want to know one thing from all these people on these boards. Have you ever crossed a street without going to the corner?? EVERYONE breaks some rule nobody is perfect and who made all these people judge and jury for the cruise industry??

Have a great day!!!

Rules are made to be broken!!! Besides last time I checked Carnival doesn't charge less for children. If you don't like kids in certain areas maybe you should step your game up and hit up an adults only cruise!!!!

No, Carnival doesn't charge less for children, but that doesn't mean adults cannot have an area just for them. There are areas on the ship (Circle C and Club O2) that are for kids only. I paid to cruise on the ship, yet there are certain areas I am not allowed to hang out in. That's just the way it is, and I have no problem with it.

I also think the cruiselines should at least have a club and activities specifically for the 18-20 yr olds. All the other age groups have areas and activities, they should have that as well.

Dee

I am enjoying this thread. I think I will have my 16 and 18 year old sons read it and tell me their thoughts. The idea of the older one, who will be 19 when we sail, trying to join us on the Serenity deck has never come up.

Since the OP asked a "what do think will happen if we try this" question and not a "what do you personally think of us trying this" question, I'm not going to enter the debate here over whether it is okay to break the rules. It could go either way. After sorting through all the pages of replies to find those that directly address her question, I think the answer is, she might get asked to leave, she might not. What does actually happen, I would like to know. OP, please let us know. :)

I also think the cruiselines should at least have a club and activities specifically for the 18-20 yr olds. All the other age groups have areas and activities, they should have that as well.

I think that if the company wanted to attract this demographic (18-20), they would do this. The fact that they dont says ... ?

I think that if the company wanted to attract this demographic (18-20), they would do this. The fact that they dont says ... ?

A normal 18 to 20 year old wouldn't need a club to meet other 18 to 20 year olds.

You are so right I saw that on FB too!! And this is exactly what my 18 yr old soldier did. We went in early December to celebrate a few special occasions with him and our 21 yr old DD and the 2 of them had a blast on the Magic with us. They enjoyed the Serenity and never had any issues with my Son being with her. There was a crowd of them that were together all week about 20 of them from 18-30 they were a decent crowd not too rowdy but enjoying themselves as they should. ;)

It is all about how you carry yourself if you are questioned. I would like to see them make a group of 40 somethings leave sometimes when I have been out there LOL. People get rowdy regardless of age it isn't always the teens or young adults going wild. Yes the door clearly says 21 so do most bars but they will let you in but not let you drink. Is this teaching my kids to break rules....hmmmmm I want to know one thing from all these people on these boards. Have you ever crossed a street without going to the corner?? EVERYONE breaks some rule nobody is perfect and who made all these people judge and jury for the cruise industry??

Have a great day!!!

Simply put, hell yes! :mad:

I am enjoying this thread. I think I will have my 16 and 18 year old sons read it and tell me their thoughts. The idea of the older one, who will be 19 when we sail, trying to join us on the Serenity deck has never come up.

Since the OP asked a "what do think will happen if we try this" question and not a "what do you personally think of us trying this" question, I'm not going to enter the debate here over whether it is okay to break the rules. It could go either way. After sorting through all the pages of replies to find those that directly address her question, I think the answer is, she might get asked to leave, she might not. What does actually happen, I would like to know. OP, please let us know. :)

Since there is no way to know who will be on duty (an ex-marine who will make them drop and give him 20 for trying or some mamby-pamby liberal who's afraid of their own shadow) at the point in time when her child attempts to break the rules, the question in red cannot be answered which only leaves the question in green to answer. Assuming the OP can read English as their primary language, the first question should not even have to be asked which is why people go to the second question.

Archived