bermuda

macfin

What are you interested in? Snorkeling? beaches? Island tour? Foodie? Golf?

There is so much to do in Bermuda. Last year on our first day, we took the ferry to St George and toured the area, then snorkeled at Tobacco Bay.

Our second day we took bus #7 to Church Bay and snorkeled for a few hours. We got back on the bus and went to Warwick Long Bay where we snorkeled more, and then walked Along the bluff to Horseshoe.

The third day we took the bus to SeaGlass Beach and walked back to the dockyard. We went to the Dockyard Museum, Commissioners House, saw the glass blowers, bought rum cake and had a beer at the Frog and Onion.

This year we are doing an island tour with Lewis Foggo, snorkeling at John Smiths Bay, walking from Warwick to Horseshoe along the bluff (a must do every visit for us), and going to Black Bay Beach.

A great website for planning is bermudaattractions.com.

Lauri

Lauri, when you say what you did the first day, what time did you arrive? We won't arrive until about 1:00, so do you think we'll be able to follow your plan for your first day? We love snorkeling, too!

I think we arrived around 8 or 9 in the morning so we had a lot more time. The ferry is the limiting factor...I think the last ferry from St George to the Dockyard is 530. I would do a search and double check that. You could stay later and take a bus or taxi, but that is a LONG ride! There is so much to do in St George if you want to tour and have some snorkel time at Tobacco Bay that I would allow a full day. The beach there is tiny, so it is best to go first thing in the morning to beat the crowds.

When we got off the ferry, we jumped in a taxi so we could see where we were going, get there faster and skip walking up that hill. We snorkeled for a few hours, had a beer at the snack shop, then walked back into St George. On the way we stopped at the Unfinished Church. It is beautiful and fun to photograph. We continued on into St George and walked around the square and Ordinance Island and listened to the live band. Walked the streets with the cute names, saw the perfumery and the oldest church. We stopped for a bowl of Fish Chowder somewhere along the way.

This year when we go back, we will do it as part of an island tour so will see the noon ducking of the wench, go further past Tobacco Bay to St Catherine's fort and get more history of the area.

Are you going on Norwegian? I think both the RCI ships get in early. What a bummer to get in so late! If you arrive on a Sunday, there are no ferries to St George. What else do you plan to do? If it were us arriving at that time, I think we would have done our Day 3 itinerary...SeaGlass Beach and the dockyard or go to Hamilton..plenty of time if you are not a huge shopper.

Hope that helps, Lauri

anybody have a touring plan for 3days in Bermuda ...

If you are designing your tour this 'to do' list may help I've tried to group the attractions together to minimize travel time:

Along the South Shore about 30 minutes from Hamilton and 30 minutes from the Dockyard:

• go to the beach, most popular -
    (#7);
  • walk the beach path that connects 5 beaches, start at Horseshoe, end at Warwick Bay (#7);
  • go horseback riding on trails (#8);
  • climb a lighthouse - Gibbs L/H (#7),
  • off the beach snorkeling at
    (not protected), near Horseshoe Bay;

Hamilton, at or nearby:

At or near St George or convenient to when visiting there:

• visit the caves - Crystal & Fantasy (#1, #3, #10 or #11);
  • visit Blue Hole Park nature reserve (#1, #3, #10 or #11);
  • visit historical St George, a UNESCO World Heritage Center, (#1, #3, #10 or #11);
    (well protected);
  • visit the Unfinished Church;
  • watch the wench ducking at King's Square (thxs to CC mbr Nana G);
  • visit fort: Fort St Catherine;
  • have Afternoon Tea at Sweet P's at the Bermuda Perfumery.

At or near the Dockyard:

Close to the Dockyard but not within walking distance:

Not close to any of the above:

The number (##) following some of the attractions is the bus route that the attraction is closest to.

SBtS

This is by far the BEST thread I have found for planning my Bermuda trip!!! I have been reading on here for hours at a time and taking notes and ALL of the information I need it on this thread. Thanks for all the info!!

:)

If you are designing your tour this 'to do' list may help I've tried to group the attractions together to minimize travel time:

Along the South Shore about 30 minutes from Hamilton and 30 minutes from the Dockyard:

(#7);
  • walk the beach path that connects 5 beaches, start at Horseshoe, end at Warwick Bay (#7);

Hamilton, at or nearby:

• visit historical St George, a UNESCO World Heritage Center, (#1, #3, #10 or #11);
    (well protected);

At or near the Dockyard:

The number (##) following some of the attractions is the bus route that the attraction is closest to.

SBtS

WOW! I'm hanging on to this too! Thank you!

(#7);

Hamilton, at or nearby:

(well protected);

At or near the Dockyard:

SBtS

this is a great list of things to do now how do you get this all in for 3 days?...I know somewhere on this board there is an intineray for 3 days.. we have been to Bermuda about 7 time but our friends did not get to see anything the last time they were here so we want to maximize our visit... this is what we would like to do but don't know what order do to it in:confused: any advise would be greatly appreciated

Jet Ski... Horseshoe Bay...Gibbs Lighthouse- fish chowder at the rest down the hill from the lighthouse. Swizzle Inn... Private tour...Tobacco Bay...St Davids Lighthouse...tour of St Geroges:eek:

Black bay beach... stores and museum around the dockyard..

this is a great list of things to do now how do you get this all in for 3 days?...I know somewhere on this board there is an intineray for 3 days.. we have been to Bermuda about 7 time but our friends did not get to see anything the last time they were here so we want to maximize our visit... this is what we would like to do but don't know what order do to it in:confused: any advise would be greatly appreciated

Jet Ski... Horseshoe Bay...Gibbs Lighthouse- fish chowder at the rest down the hill from the lighthouse. Swizzle Inn... Private tour...Tobacco Bay...St Davids Lighthouse...tour of St Geroges:eek:

Black bay beach... stores and museum around the dockyard..

The list is a suggestion on some of the things to while visiting Bermuda; it is not a list of things to do in 3 days in Bermuda.

I've tried to group things in the same general area to minimize travel time which can eat up a lot of your time.

Your private tour should cover some of the attractions you want to see.

Anything within walking distance from the Dockyard (Black bay beach... stores and museum around the dockyard) should be done on the last day. One day for Tobacco Bay...St Davids Lighthouse...tour of St Geroge, and one day for Horseshoe Bay...Gibbs Lighthouse- fish chowder at the rest (Henry VIII) down the hill from the lighthouse.

What day of the week are you arriving? That could impact what you can do.

SBtS

The list is a suggestion on some of the things to while visiting Bermuda; it is not a list of things to do in 3 days in Bermuda.

I've tried to group things in the same general area to minimize travel time which can eat up a lot of your time.

Your private tour should cover some of the attractions you want to see.

Anything within walking distance from the Dockyard (Black bay beach... stores and museum around the dockyard) should be done on the last day. One day for Tobacco Bay...St Davids Lighthouse...tour of St Geroge, and one day for Horseshoe Bay...Gibbs Lighthouse- fish chowder at the rest (Henry VIII) down the hill from the lighthouse.

What day of the week are you arriving? That could impact what you can do.

SBtS

We will be in on Wednesday 8/28/13...now I remember the rest being Henry VIII..Fish chowder was fabulous...I was trying to group attractions ..we just have to see when we get there since the first thing we want to do is jet ski..so day one and day two can be interchangeable based on when we can jet ski... we rather not make reservations beforehand...

Archived