Atlantis Submarine

indy71

I will be traveling next February with my mom, and we are not interested in snorkeling, getting in the water with the stingrays or doing a beach day. Has anyone done the Atlantis Submarine, or any other options that don't involve being in the water? We do like being on the water, just not in the water. lol

Thanks for your help.

Have not done ATLANTIS but have seen it plenty of times. For the last many years they have operated the sub near Sunset House. You get on the sub tender near the cruise tender landings, they take you down to the Sunset House area (less than a mile) and you transfer boat to boat 'at sea'. After your sub ride to transfer again for the ride back . . . . for the record February can be in the rough seas season for Georgetown Grand Cayman . . .

a dry option - or add on - just go to Sunset House and My Bar for lunch. A VERY popular TIKI style bar and lunch place right on the water - you can watch the sub's transfer operations!!! Check SunsetHouse.com for menus and pictures.

You could "go to Hell" but that's entertaining for about 10 minutes . . .

Cayman IS shopping heaven if you want to spend $$$$ .... you find quality stuff in the jewelry shops on this island. BUT - KNOW YOUR PRICES . . .

Have not done ATLANTIS but have seen it plenty of times. For the last many years they have operated the sub near Sunset House. You get on the sub tender near the cruise tender landings, they take you down to the Sunset House area (less than a mile) and you transfer boat to boat 'at sea'. After your sub ride to transfer again for the ride back . . . . for the record February can be in the rough seas season for Georgetown Grand Cayman . . .

a dry option - or add on - just go to Sunset House and My Bar for lunch. A VERY popular TIKI style bar and lunch place right on the water - you can watch the sub's transfer operations!!! Check SunsetHouse.com for menus and pictures.

You could "go to Hell" but that's entertaining for about 10 minutes . . .

Cayman IS shopping heaven if you want to spend $$$$ .... you find quality stuff in the jewelry shops on this island. BUT - KNOW YOUR PRICES . . .

Thanks for the suggestions and description of the submarine transfer info. That does sound like fun to go to the Sunset House and watch their operations. I'll check out their menu, as well. Shopping is definitely an option.

As for "going to Hell", we already live in Arizona. Need I say more? (Suggest it again when summer is over and I might be more receptive to the idea.)

P.S. In regards to my previous post, please know that I was joking in regards to Arizona and "Hell". If I didn't like living here, I wouldn't have stayed twenty plus years. Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone. Thanks, Karen

I will be traveling next February with my mom, and we are not interested in snorkeling, getting in the water with the stingrays or doing a beach day. Has anyone done the Atlantis Submarine, or any other options that don't involve being in the water? We do like being on the water, just not in the water. lol

Thanks for your help.

We have done the Atlantis Submarine...it is quite interesting...we went down 104'...it held about 60 passengers but there was no problems with getting a seat with a window...we liked it and basically, how many opportunities do you have to go on a sub?

We have done the Atlantis Submarine...it is quite interesting...we went down 104'...it held about 60 passengers but there was no problems with getting a seat with a window...we liked it and basically, how many opportunities do you have to go on a sub?

That's exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for the input.

I've done the Atlantis sub in Hawaii, not GC, but from viewing the sites the same style of sub is used. I enjoyed the trip and it was pretty neat being in a submarine! Everyone has a "window seat" and you are down for about 30 minutes. If the waves are rough, it could be a bit difficult getting on/off, but I still say go for it!

Archived