Fakarava & Rangiroa

nycpammie

The Aquarium. Close by and the price is right. Good colorful place to snorkel with lots of fish. This would be excursion RGI-1784

If your good at snorkeling and are not afraid of current take excursion RGI-2037. You will see larger fish/sharks on this excursion plus dolphins & rays, maybe a barracuda or 2 :eek:

Tikiintahiti- thank you for all your posts. I value the insight you've provided on various topics. With only 5 hours in rangiroa is there a snorkeling tour you'd recommend.

We just walked down the beach and snorkeled from shore. It was our best snorkeling on the cruise. And the price was free.

We just walked down the beach and snorkeled from shore. It was our best snorkeling on the cruise. And the price was free.

The key word is "our". My guess is after 18 trips to FP I could take you to a few spots that have superior snorkeling. That isn't to take away from your experience, just saying there are some absolute incredible spots. I assume your referring to the beach area if you walk toward the Kia Ora. There are few areas over that way that are pretty nice but the Aquarium IMO is far superior.

The key word is "our". My guess is after 18 trips to FP I could take you to a few spots that have superior snorkeling. That isn't to take away from your experience, just saying there are some absolute incredible spots. I assume your referring to the beach area if you walk toward the Kia Ora. There are few areas over that way that are pretty nice but the Aquarium IMO is far superior.

Yes, past the Kia Ora. Only been there once, but only been most places once. There is too much of the world to see.

I highly recommend Ato's Blue Lagoon tour on Fakarava. Some fine snorkeling at a reef on the way, then lunch of grilled fish, poisson cru and coconut bread baked in leaves while you loll about in the most beautiful water in every shade of aqua.

On Rangiroa we did the ship's drift snorkel excursion. This was fun and it's astonishing when you put your face in the water and see just how fast you are moving past the ocean floor. We did three "drifts" from outside the reef to inside, then finished up at the aquarium and we were in so many fish they were bumping in to me.

Archived