Downgrading cabin level after final payment

Graypanther

When I booked our next cruise, no B level cabins were available, only A. Now, after final payment, B level cabins have become available. Will I get a full refund of the difference in cabin prices if I move to a B level cabin? Or, since it's past final payment, will some kind of penalty be applied?

When I booked our next cruise, no B level cabins were available, only A. Now, after final payment, B level cabins have become available. Will I get a full refund of the difference in cabin prices if I move to a B level cabin? Or, since it's past final payment, will some kind of penalty be applied?

I don't believe that ANY Cruise Line would allow you to cancel the reservation on the first cabin,which is what you would be doing, at this late date, without a severe penalty.

Otherwise, it would be an endless game of musical chairs, right up until they lifted the gangway.

Perhaps if you had waitlisted the lower category when u did the original booking you might have had a better outcome. This was suggested to me once in the past although we didn't actually proceed.

I know there are people on the board with much more knowledge than I have!

Archived