Fascination or Sensation?

libertyschool

Driving to Florida next May with the fam. Spending a week in Orlando and then was planning a 3 or 4 day cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sensation. Now I'm thinking of doing the 5 day on Fascination out of Jacksonville instead. The ships seem pretty identical from what I've seen. The main difference is the itinerary, the 5 day stops at Half Moon Cay instead of Freeport. We've been to Freeport so thinking this might be a nice change. Just wondering if there are any pros or cons to sailing out of one of these ports as opposed to the other. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions. Also, should I book now 9 months in advance? Will the prices go up between now and then?

Sailing out of Jax is fun. The ship slides under a really big gorgeous bridge, past marshes and the Intracoastal waterway, and Mayport Naval Base. The 5 day is a good deal, the ship looks really good, and anything beats Freeport. Depending on where you're driving from, you might have a shorter drive home from Jax.

I have been on the Sensation and it was fun but if I had to choose between the two....I would definitely choose the Fascination and the 5-day itinerary that goes to Half Moon Cay. HMC is absolutely gorgeous and it is a place that everyone needs to see at least once....you can't even describe how beautiful the water really is :)

I've done both, and would choose Fascination hands down over a three day cruise. Regardless of where it went, BUT Half Moon Cay is one of the best places on earth to enjoy a beach. It is beautiful! Go with the Fasciantion, you wont regret your choice.

Sailing out of Jacksonville sounds like an experience! We will be driving home to Ontario, Canada, so Jacksonville means 18 hours instead of 20.;) We will be stopping in DC for one night to break it up, so I guess 2 segments of 9 hours rather than 10 hours is a tad easier.

I've read a lot of great things about Half Moon Cay. I think my mind is close to made up.

Oh - as for the price drop thing, I didn't know that applied to OBC as well? So if they have a special after I've booked offering OBC I can get in on that?

Thanks!

Oh - as for the price drop thing, I didn't know that applied to OBC as well? So if they have a special after I've booked offering OBC I can get in on that?

Thanks!

if you have not made the final payment then they will even drop the price and avoid obc

Archived