Short time in Nassau

hammer000

Hi all. My wife and I are going on the Oasis in the end of January. Our first stop is Nassau which arrives at 7am and leaves at 2pm ( horrible times if you ask me).

We were wondering what others have done there with a similar schedule. I was hoping of doing something like the Sheraton day pass, but now I'm not sure.

Would it even be pool/beach weather in the morning during this time of year? Would we be better off just wandering around, or just staying on the ship?

Opinions appreciated.

Hi all. My wife and I are going on the Oasis in the end of January. Our first stop is Nassau which arrives at 7am and leaves at 2pm ( horrible times if you ask me).

We were wondering what others have done there with a similar schedule. I was hoping of doing something like the Sheraton day pass, but now I'm not sure.

Would it even be pool/beach weather in the morning during this time of year? Would we be better off just wandering around, or just staying on the ship?

Opinions appreciated.

With that little time I'd plan to just get off the ship and walk around the pier area. That's where the shopping is anyway . . .

You could take a horse and buggy city tour and/or head over to the Pirate Museum if either interests you; I've enjoyed both with and w/out kids.. Neither need be pre-arranged.

I certainly would not pay for a day pass which would only be used for a couple of hours.

Opinions appreciated.

This is kind of our dilemma as well. We have 2 kids and were looking at doing the Sheraton Day Pass but would it be worth it? As you said not sure the weather would even be warm enough. We are going 11/14 so we have time to think about it. Don't understand why Royal Caribbean doesn't stop here the last day of the cruise and then we would have all day here. If you do the day pass let us know if it was worth it.

January weather can be iffy and yeah, those are awful port times. :(

We've been to Nassau in January several times and we've been lucky to have sunshine but it wasn't necessarily warm. And the water is cold! :)

Here are some suggestions for short morning activities:

Self-guided walking tour

Pirate Museum

Ardastra Gardens

Fort Fincastle or Fort Charlotte

Food tasting tour

Distillery tour

Chocolate factory tour

Atlantis Digs (aquarium)

I figure by the time we leave the ship (around 9am), we would have a good 4-4.5 hrs to spend there. Do you think the $30 pp fee at the Sheraton is worth it for this amount of time? I don't want to feel rushed, but any time you can relax on a beach seems good to me. Hmm. I just don't know...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived