Sky Suite Perks

PennyB

I just booked a Sky Suite for a December 2013 cruise from New Zealand. I see that the Aqua Class has their 'own' restaurant (Blu) for breakfast and dinner. I don't see where there is something comparable for suite guests. Am I just missing it?

Next, I got the last S2 cabin, 2136. I don't need an accessible (handicap) cabin, but that was all that was available. I was warned should someone need this type of cabin, I could be reassigned. Has anyone ever had this happen? I would gladly give it up to someone that needs it. I did that after we sailed a few years back. I had a guarantee and was assigned a handicap cabin. Saw a man with a walker in a regular room. We talked and we traded rooms! I just want a comparable cabin.

Finally, I have read several bad reviews on this cabin. Does anyone have anything to say good about it? :)

No special restaurant for suites, but you do have access to Blu based on availability. For breakfast I have never heard of a suite guest being denied entry; for dinner usually (but not always) suite guests are accommodated - sometimes one may have to be a bit flexible on the dining time to gain entry to Blu if in a suite. As a suite perk you also receive a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant of your choice (two dinners if the cruise is at least eight nights long).

Not sure about your specific room (does sound from reviews as though it is a room to be avoided though). You can always make guest relations aware when you board that you are willing to trade for an equivalent room if someone expresses a need; I know someone who did that one cruise and on day two guest relations got back to them and they traded with someone in a regular S2 who had a need for an accessible room.

I just booked a Sky Suite for a December 2013 cruise from New Zealand. I see that the Aqua Class has their 'own' restaurant (Blu) for breakfast and dinner. I don't see where there is something comparable for suite guests. Am I just missing it?

Next, I got the last S2 cabin, 2136. I don't need an accessible (handicap) cabin, but that was all that was available. I was warned should someone need this type of cabin, I could be reassigned. Has anyone ever had this happen? I would gladly give it up to someone that needs it. I did that after we sailed a few years back. I had a guarantee and was assigned a handicap cabin. Saw a man with a walker in a regular room. We talked and we traded rooms! I just want a comparable cabin.

Finally, I have read several bad reviews on this cabin. Does anyone have anything to say good about it? :)

You may eat in Blu on a space available basis, generally not a problem in the morning however sometimes may be denied in the evening. They do not have a comparable restaurant for Sky suites. You will get one or two complementary meals in a specialty dining room depending on length of your cruise.

Here is a link to the perks for a sky suite on Solstice.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SL#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=SS&cabincls=D&shipCode=SL

You could always look up suite amenities on the Celebrity website to see what you're entitled to. Also, you still have a long way to go before sailing and people cancel and/or upgrade. It's not unlikely that you will be assigned a regular Sky Suite. We were in 2131 on the Equinox and it was a lovely cabin with a great location. There were no issues with noise from above. There's an S class cabin sticky at the top of this forum if you are interested in seeing what people's comments are about the various cabins.

Archived