Ship tap drinking water

gmac123

The shlub reference was to people who bring a case of water onboard, not to people who take water off the ship.

Yep, and before you can take it off you have to shlub it on;) (or pay the cruise line's price for it).

Guest fyree39

Once in a while the water will come out yellow. Just run it until it runs clear. That or run to the Lido deck and fill a cup of water for your drinking needs. It's not yellow (or brown) on the Lido deck.

Once in a while the water will come out yellow. Just run it until it runs clear. That or run to the Lido deck and fill a cup of water for your drinking needs. It's not yellow (or brown) on the Lido deck.

What ship? I doubt this is across all cruise lines and all ships. Please be more specific. A vague comment is worthless.

Guest fyree39
What ship? I doubt this is across all cruise lines and all ships. Please be more specific. A vague comment is worthless.

I don't believe it was vague at all. I know of two Carnival ships: Miracle and I believe it was the Valor. It was explained to me that plumbing maintenance was the cause of the discoloration and that it was harmless. Still, I wouldn't want to drink yellow water (or eat yellow snow). :)

I don't believe it was vague at all. I know of two Carnival ships: Miracle and I believe it was the Valor. It was explained to me that plumbing maintenance was the cause of the discoloration and that it was harmless. Still, I wouldn't want to drink yellow water (or eat yellow snow). :)

Of course it was vague! A comment was made that did not mention any ship or cruise line. How is someone to know that it wasn't on HAL, Celebrity, Princess, or Crystal, all of which have ships with a deck called Lido. Are we to assume that all ships that have decks named Lido have this problem? Unlikely! There are other cruise lines besides Carnival, in case you didn't know. And most of them don't have the low maintenance standards that Carnival has demonstrated lately. :rolleyes:

What cruise line and what ship? I have never had a single problem even remotely like yours on all my cruises.

CCL Victory, NCL Spirit and X Summit and maybe 1 or 2 more but after 20 + cruises it become difficult to remember all . ;)

Oh and RCI Explorer had dirty water and the hallway stunk like rotten eggs.

CCL Victory, NCL Spirit and X Summit and maybe 1 or 2 more but after 20 + cruises it become difficult to remember all . ;)

Oh and RCI Explorer had dirty water and the hallway stunk like rotten eggs.

Did you do anything other than not drink the water? Might this water have gotten into the food preparation? Per the earlier posting by Smeyer, is the CDC concerned about this? Would people have to have reported sick?

Did you do anything other than not drink the water? Might this water have gotten into the food preparation? Per the earlier posting by Smeyer, is the CDC concerned about this? Would people have to have reported sick?

The brown water was from the bathroom sink. We bring a 6 pack of H20 in our carryon and used the H20 dispenser in the buffet.

The CDC would be concerned if there was an out break. Brown water by itself is not necessarily a health hazard. You get this at home when they flush the pipes. Most brown water is caused by rust in the water. Not by itself a health hazard. just residual in the bottom of the tanks caused by something stirring it up.

Guest fyree39
Of course it was vague! A comment was made that did not mention any ship or cruise line. How is someone to know that it wasn't on HAL, Celebrity, Princess, or Crystal, all of which have ships with a deck called Lido. Are we to assume that all ships that have decks named Lido have this problem? Unlikely! There are other cruise lines besides Carnival, in case you didn't know. And most of them don't have the low maintenance standards that Carnival has demonstrated lately. :rolleyes:

Dearest lady, I think you can see by the other replies that it happens on any ship. This is not such an unusual problem. So, I was not vague in the least.

The CDC would be concerned if there was an out break. Brown water by itself is not necessarily a health hazard. You get this at home when they flush the pipes. Most brown water is caused by rust in the water. Not by itself a health hazard. just residual in the bottom of the tanks caused by something stirring it up.

by the way its called "turbidity"

http://www.lenntech.com/turbidity.htm

Dearest lady, I think you can see by the other replies that it happens on any ship. This is not such an unusual problem. So, I was not vague in the least.

Dearest lady/sir, I think you can see by the other replies that almost everyone else reports no problems with the tap water and they think the water on board is just fine, and in some cases, even better than that at home. I have been on over 50 cruises in my long life and not once have I ever experienced what you claim. To find debris in your water is INDEED unusual. You are the only one claiming that debris is common and needs to be checked for.

I stand by my belief that your comment is still vague. Plus, it borders on sensationalism.

The water on a ship I was on (will not be named) was contaminated with diesel fuel for a day+. Is there an agency which would be concerned with that? Failed testing procedures IMO.

The water on a ship I was on (will not be named) was contaminated with diesel fuel for a day+. Is there an agency which would be concerned with that? Failed testing procedures IMO.

yes the coast guard with us territorial economic waters(200 miles).

yes the coast guard with us territorial economic waters(200 miles).

Thanks. This did not happen in US water. Does that make a difference? Coast guard would be interested because of ship procedures? Proper office to check with would be?

Guest fyree39
Dearest lady/sir, I think you can see by the other replies that almost everyone else reports no problems with the tap water and they think the water on board is just fine, and in some cases, even better than that at home. I have been on over 50 cruises in my long life and not once have I ever experienced what you claim. To find debris in your water is INDEED unusual. You are the only one claiming that debris is common and needs to be checked for.

I stand by my belief that your comment is still vague. Plus, it borders on sensationalism.

Whatever. *insert eye roll thingy here*

Archived