Best 3 Person Balcony Cabin On Pride?

IMKTDQT810

The pride has a couple of vista suites ( aft wrap ) on deck 8 that hold 3 people but they are pricey. Room 6232 holds four people in the " bowling alley " balcony and the other 5 hold only two and three of those 5 are handicap rooms. Deck 5 has a couple that are like the bowling alley but they are not extended balconies and are narrower with the obstructed view category. The deck 5 balconies only hold 2 people too.

We are traveling with 3 in balcony room 4214 in September. Although one is young, she's still a girl and likes it comfortable where she is sleeping. I'll make sure to put notes about it in my review when we come back. It's a class 4A balcony on Main, but I don't know much else- just that it had a sofa/bed and isn't obstructed.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you both for your reply!!!

@frenchie- I would really appreciate finding out about your room. Can you take a pic to put in your review? Thanks....our son will be 9 and we are still in between Pride & Fantasy. One of my "likes" for pride is that they have balconies and a sofa bed. Fantasy has an upper berth but I don't know how comfortable I would sleep knowing he was above us, plus having to watch we don't hit our heads on the upper berth. Thanks once again!!!

7258 is for 2 people as is 8232

6232 is for 4 people

these are the only three balconies of this kind on the ship

you should be able to book 6232 for 3 people-- if its available

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

You can do 3 people in 7258. 2 in the king/twin bed and one on the sofa.

We are traveling with 3 in balcony room 4214 in September. Although one is young, she's still a girl and likes it comfortable where she is sleeping. I'll make sure to put notes about it in my review when we come back. It's a class 4A balcony on Main, but I don't know much else- just that it had a sofa/bed and isn't obstructed.

4214 is a regular catagory 8A balcony. it sleeps 4 people there is a convertible sofa and an upper bed.

The balcony is very narrow

it will look similar to this

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2643/3708794012_6c50fe9646_m.jpg

your cabin will look like this

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/Carnival%20Splendor/AB2_zpscb65b121.jpg

your upper bed will be hidden in the ceiling above the convertible sofa

For 3 in a balcony on the Pride, I'd do an aft extended balcony. We were in 6143 and that wasn't bad, but the balcony is small....and I love the aft of the ship. I'd also go for decks 5, 6 or 7 to be sandwiched between floors with cabins (no pool, lounge or whatnot above or below).

Thanks for the info. I heard that it will not allow me to book the cabins that specify 2 to a room with having 3 in the party. And the same thing for 4 ppl....that they might bump us to another cabin if it means they can give the room to a party of 4 and bump us to a 3 person cabin. I would prefer to pick a cabin and know I have it, if you know what I mean.

We will be booking in Jan/Feb for a July cruise so it will also depend what it still open TO book. =-) but thank you all for the info and which ones I can at least "try" to book.

For 3 in a balcony on the Pride, I'd do an aft extended balcony. We were in 6143 and that wasn't bad, but the balcony is small....and I love the aft of the ship. I'd also go for decks 5, 6 or 7 to be sandwiched between floors with cabins (no pool, lounge or whatnot above or below).

Cat 8M...they sleep 3 in several.

Thanks for the info. I heard that it will not allow me to book the cabins that specify 2 to a room with having 3 in the party. And the same thing for 4 ppl....that they might bump us to another cabin if it means they can give the room to a party of 4 and bump us to a 3 person cabin. I would prefer to pick a cabin and know I have it, if you know what I mean.

We will be booking in Jan/Feb for a July cruise so it will also depend what it still open TO book. =-) but thank you all for the info and which ones I can at least "try" to book.

you can book 3 into a cabin that holds 4 people.(write on the reservation to accept no upgrades.

you can book 3 into a cabin that holds 4 people.(write on the reservation to accept no upgrades.

You can do this but run a small risk of them moving you to a same category that holds three people but will not have that wonderfully huge balcony. The bowling alley balcony rooms are the same category as a regular extended room which is 8J ( deck 5,6 ) and 8K ( deck 7,8 )

Rooms 6234 7260 and 8234 also have the bowling alley balcony but these are handicap rooms.

I would book 6232 for 3 and roll the dice. There are only two 8J's on deck 5 that hold three people that they can move people into. However, the cruise contract stipulates Carnival has the right to move people into a similar cabin if the occupancy level of a room is not met ( ex 3 in a 4 person room ) There are many 8K extended balconies to be moved to that hold 3 people. The question is, can one refuse an upgrade? I am guessing the answer is no as per the cruise contract. I would think 8J and K are " similar " . I personally make sure I have 4 people in 6232 so I cannot be moved based on occupancy :D

You can do 3 people in 7258. 2 in the king/twin bed and one on the sofa.

this cabins is configured to hold only 2 people. although there is a sofa in the cabin you will not be able to book 3 people there. almost all balconies have a sofa. not all are converible sofas

Thank you once again for the insights. I do agree that I'm not sure I would want to book something that is for 4 ppl, knowing we will only be 3 and then have that chance of being bumped. Again, I guess I don't need to worry about it until I am ready to book and then see what cabins are still left.

Archived