Weird "Other Charges" in Booking

mikeyg0

Hello,

We've recently made final payment however today I've noticed a strange figure under the 'Payment Summary' page.

There is now an "Other Charges" row, which has an amount of -$38.58 per passenger. That is a 'minus' figure.

Does this mean we'll get a refund of this amount? And if so, why? :confused:

I've attached an image to explain what I mean.

2ajstue.jpg

Not really sure...but one thing it COULD be is an adjustment to your port fees and taxes...

I have been on itineraries that have been changed...or where, though there was no change, the local port fees somewhere on the itinerary were changed...and they have given me a similar small credit...

Those port fees are based on the charges each port places on the ship for the time spent in that port--which may vary depending on how long the ship is docked. Say a port is dropped or replaced with an alternate port or the hours in port are shortened from what was originlly scheduled or they tender instead of dock...That could account for a change...and the cruise line should issue a credit if those fees/txes have been prepaid...

Of course, there may be other explanations as well...

We had a similar situation after we made our final payment for our last cruise. I rang our PCS and, when he looked at our account, the balance was zero. He could not explain the negative sum and I was sure that we had paid the correct amount so we forgot all about it.

I find it really hard to understand Celebrity's accounting! We usually have many items on our accounts - hotels, flights, specialty dining, excursions, beverage packages, future cruise credits, ... The account is shown as different calculations online in My Celebrity, on our printed confirmation invoices and what our PCS reads from his screen. Mercifully, they all usually have the same final figure but I have to keep a [logical] spreadsheet to make sense of it all. Our next cruise is a B2B and Celebrity's accounting system seems to get even more confused. I find it almost impossible to understand our confirmation invoices especially when they send it just for one of the cruises and nothing has been shown for this cruise on My Celebrity since the day we booked it.

Sue

Apologies, the OP's post gave me the opportunity to let off steam!

Archived