Just back from Alaska Miracle, any questions?

Just back from our awesome Alaskan Cruise on the Carnival Miracle, any questions?

I will try to write a review, but the abbreviated version is:

We arrived in Seattle 3 days prior to the cruise and went to Pikes, Mt Rainier, Chihuly, and Boeing Tour. We rented a car from Alamo and returned it to the downtown Hilton location, there was a free shuttle to pier 91.

We purchased the Faster To the Fun, and it was great, well worth it.

Embarkation, we got there at around 10:45am and with Faster to the fun priority lines, and luggage we were in the waiting area by 11:00. They started VIP boarding at 11:30ish and we went straight to the room to drop off our carry on. Our checked luggage was already waiting in the room for us. Room 7171, extended Balcony.

Day 2, Sea Day

Day 3, Tracy Arm Fjord: Unfortunately due to fog, we are not able to go into the Fjord. The ship stayed just outside of the Fjord until about 5:30pm. The 2 excursions from the ship did make their way into the Fjord.

Day 4, Skagway: Rented a car and drove up to Emerald Lake in the Yukon.

Day 5, Juneau: Went with Harv and Marv on the whale watching tour, and it was fantastic. We saw tons of whales, and Dall's Porpoises, we had Russell as our captain and he was great.

Day 6, Ketchikan: Just walked around town and checked out the Salmon Run. Really nice city.

Day 7, Victoria: We were about a half hour late due to Fog, but stayed a half hour later. Walked to downtown Victoria (about a 35 min walk) and walked around downtown for a few hours.

Disembarkation. We arrived in Seattle at about 6:45am, and disembarkation started at around 7:45am. Being Faster To the Fun, we had zone 1. But with a flight leaving at 11:30am we opted for self assist. We were off the ship and in a cab by 8:00am, we were at the airport by 8:30am.

The cruise was fantastic. The ship, the food, service was all great. The entertainment in the main show was subpar, but there was a Beatles show on the 2nd last night that was great. The Punchliner shows were great as always.

As mentioned the ship is great, it is laid out well and kept up. It is showing signs that it needs a wet dock though (upholstery, carpet, etc.).

I’m sure I’ve missed lots of things, we took 2500 pics and I am hoping to write a review. If anyone has any questions, please ask.

Hi Toronto ... Wainfleet near Welland here ;)

Skagway we are renting a car but want to go all the way up to Whitehorse... did you use Murray's guide? How long were you on the road, just trying to figure out time line..

is there anything in Victoria you would of wanted to see beside the government building...

You fly out of BUffalo or YYZ?

How much was cab to airport have to toss our son in one he is going home and we are doing a B2B

Hi Toronto ... Wainfleet near Welland here ;)

Skagway we are renting a car but want to go all the way up to Whitehorse... did you use Murray's guide? How long were you on the road, just trying to figure out time line..

is there anything in Victoria you would of wanted to see beside the government building...

You fly out of BUffalo or YYZ?

How much was cab to airport have to toss our son in one he is going home and we are doing a B2B

Yes we used the Murrays guide, it was great and we were back in Skagway around 4ish. However we stopped in Carcross for about an hour and also took the Husky ride in Carribou Crossing.

We flew Air Canada from Toronto.

The Cab was $50 with tip.

Disembarkation. We arrived in Seattle at about 6:45am, and disembarkation started at around 7:45am. Being Faster To the Fun, we had zone 1. But with a flight leaving at 11:30am we opted for self assist. We were off the ship and in a cab by 8:00am, we were at the airport by 8:30am.

This is nice to know and I hope our disembarkation goes as easily as yours as we too have an early flight to catch as well. We have a shuttle already reserved and paid for. We've never been to Alaska on a cruise and we're looking forward to it. Glad you had a good time.

As mentioned the ship is great, it is laid out well and kept up. It is showing signs that it needs a wet dock though (upholstery, carpet, etc.).

Thanks for the review, we're on the Miracle in November when she returns to Mexico. But just fyi for anyone else, she just had a drydock last year, so the next won't be until 2015.

Just curious how did you like the Boeing Tour? Did you go on your own?

Also Mt Ranier...did you like it and how did you get there?

We did the Spirit to Alaska last August and drove up to Emerald Lake as well. We also went with Harv and Marv. We are going back 8/5/14 on the Miracle.

Just curious how did you like the Boeing Tour? Did you go on your own?

Also Mt Ranier...did you like it and how did you get there?

We did the Spirit to Alaska last August and drove up to Emerald Lake as well. We also went with Harv and Marv. We are going back 8/5/14 on the Miracle.

I loved the Boeing tour, been wanting to go since I was little. My wife went with me (she was not as enthusiastic,lol, but she thought it was interesting)

We had a car, so we spent the day driving around Mt Rainier

I loved the Boeing tour, been wanting to go since I was little. My wife went with me (she was not as enthusiastic,lol, but she thought it was interesting)

We had a car, so we spent the day driving around Mt Rainier

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Did you drive yourself to the Boeing tour?

We will be flying in and wasn't planning on a rental car. Will have to look for alternative ways to get there.

I have been to Victoria three times on cruises, then spent a week there. If you are there on a friday, the Butchart Gardens fireworks is spectacular.

From down town, you can walk to China Town, the second oldest one in N. America, also home to the narrowest street in N. America (it reminded me of Diagon Ally from Harry Potter, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_Tan_Alley) and there is some great chinese food there to be had as well.

I like the Fan Tan Cafe, great food, good prices.

If you like microbrew, there are around three or four microbreweries in the area, but despite how proud they are of their suds, it is mediocre stuff and pricey too.

We will be on the Miracle next Tuesday! Other than the fog, what was the weather like? Big temp changes between day and night? Also, did y'all have rain?

Thanks!

No rain, it was sunny in all the ports. Temps varied between mid-high 60's in the evening to high 70's during day. It was quite cold in the evening when the ship was moving, especially in the fog.

Just curious, how did you dress? Shorts & t-shirt, or jeans & long sleeve shirt? Looking at the temps it varies. Layer up?

I wore shorts in Seattle, but pants and t-shirts in most of the ports. However in Juneau we went whale watching and it was chilly being on the water. We always brought windbreakers and used them at times. The difference between sun and shade can vary 10 degrees easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your review. We're looking forward to our Carnival Miracle trip in September. We're trying to decide whether to do the small ship tour from the Miracle in Tracy Arm. Any recommendations? It sounds like the small ship tours made it into Tracy Arm even when the Miracle wasn't able to do so. Did you talk to anyone who went on those tours? Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for your review. We're looking forward to our Carnival Miracle trip in September. We're trying to decide whether to do the small ship tour from the Miracle in Tracy Arm. Any recommendations? It sounds like the small ship tours made it into Tracy Arm even when the Miracle wasn't able to do so. Did you talk to anyone who went on those tours? Thanks for your help!

We did the Miracle's July 16th sailing. Take the small ship tour. We didn't but everyone that we spoke with said it was amazing. You are going to have an awesome trip! We enjoyed it so much we are in the planning stages of doing it again next year.

Archived