Back to back cruises

ColleenMother

I'm wondering how you did B2B's without getting off the ship and going through customs?? Were you cruising US ports? We've done many B2B's and ALWAYS have had to go through US customs.

IMO, I'd pack up everything except your hanging clothes. You are correct that the Room Steward will move your stuff, but he/she isn't a butler (who would do all those things :)). Yes, you should introduce yourselves to your new Room Steward (if they don't beat you to it!).

I have never treated our room steward as a butler, and never would. I' m one of those people who straighten the cabin before leaving each morning, tip him or her extra at the end of the cruise and make no special request other than ice every day. Thanks for the snarky reply

Obviously, every ship has its own way of doing things, so maybe the OP should modify the question to "When you sail B2B on the (ship name) how do they do the 'turn around?' "

To be honest, I didn't think a passenger could take a ship on a closed-circuit cruise like this and not check in with the CBP folks... not going all the way through Customs, but at least sticking your head in and saying "HI!" I could be wrong, as I see some folks saying they never had to get off.

I also thought they had to clear the ship by having you "bong" your old card for the last time - then they could give you your new card and have you ring yourself back aboard.

Again, maybe it depends on the ship and the CBP staff at the port...

After 8 pm on the last night of your first leg, it's cash and carry from the onboard liquor store....just saying.;)

Yeah - just don't tell the store people that you're B2B. ;)

We are sailing in Feb doing back to back cruises, have the same cabin for both cruises and I'm wondering what we have to do on the last day of the first cruise before starting the second. Can we leave our clothes, etc in the cabin and I heard we have to debark so was wondering when we can get back on. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We did a B2B on the Spirit back in 2011. We did NOTHING. We got back from dinner on the last night of the first cruise and there was a letter and new Sail & Sign cards in our mailbox for the next cruise. No meeting somewhere the next day or walking off the ship, etc.

When you do a B2B, don't they have the same shows? Seems to me that it would be pretty boring, but there must be SOMETHING that draws people to do this...please explain?

We haven't been to a show on our last 5 cruises. We have late dining, so after a day of fun, we take a nap, go to dinner and then take a walk around the ship and find something to do.

I have never treated our room steward as a butler, and never would. I' m one of those people who straighten the cabin before leaving each morning, tip him or her extra at the end of the cruise and make no special request other than ice every day. Thanks for the snarky reply

Me too! I keep our cabin spotless! I hate clutter.

doing b2b in sept, our second on the dream, last time we met by the pursers deck, got off thru customs and right back on. so excited to do this again, and yes, now we get to do the comedy shows since we did the big shows the first time. we are moving down 2 doors, so hoping we can do most of it ourselves, lets my cs finish up with all the other things he has to do, and we will tip after the second week if it's the same steward.

Me too! I keep our cabin spotless! I hate clutter.

I think both of you misunderstood what I was saying (at least I hope so!). A butler would give you MORE attention than a Room Steward. He/she would pack for you, move your things to the other cabin, and unpack for you, among other service's.

Like you, we keep our cabin neat and don't ask for any extra service. When we do B2B's we always tell out Room Steward to leave us for last, so the "new" cruiser's can get into their cabins quickly.

camarowesley, I'm not at all sure why you found my earlier reply "snarky" :confused:.

Archived