Carnival MAGIC Favorite Things?

KruzPrincess

We love the Magic. Was on her last Nov for our anniversary and couldn't even stay away a year. We will be boarding 9/8 and are counting down the days. Tell your friends to deff see the magic show and also make the punch liners brunch which is family friendly. The comedy club was great if language is not an issue for them. If they have kids, Camp Carnival is great! Don't miss the chocolate Melton cake , it's awesome!

Hey, Zonie,:D

It's a fancy name for a deck, which acts like a patio or walkway all the way around the ship. It's great for exercising because you can walk around and around without obstructions and the view is good from there. You can also access the Ocean Plaza which is a public area in the middle of the ship where there is a small open lounge, a dessert and coffee bar and tables to play cards.

Around the ship on the Lanai are several big hot tubs that kind of project over the side.

It's the fifth deck. The hot tubs were rarely packed and we frequently had them to ourselves. It was a nice place to look at the stars. Also, except for the bbq lunch crowd on one side during sea days, there were few people on the entire deck, so it was a nice place to find some peace to walk or recline in a chair when the lido was packed.

The serenity deck is very windy, but has comfy places to sit, including hammocks and two-person round wicker "beds". When it was cold and windy, we wore warm clothes and had the place to ourselves, but during nice weather it's packed. I did find a round bed around 1 p.m., when several couples left for lunch.

If you want to try the ropes course, which is really fun for all ages, I recommend going the first day, before you set sail. You can try it again later, but they are frequently closed because of high winds while at sea, and when it opens again all the kids line up. There are also lots of other fun things to do on the sports deck -- two-level mini-golf, pool (crazy on a moving ship), ping pong, and a giant chess/checkers set (where the ropes course starts). The pools are, of course, packed, but the aft pool area is a little better.

I second the recommendation of the Italian restaurant for lunch on the first day. You'll find the stairs going up in the buffet area, or ask anyone. Re early dining, this was necessary for our kids and we had awesome service, but it was a little difficult to work around the show schedule. We ate the buffet one night so we could make the early showing of Destination Unknown, which was worth it.

• 4 months later...
The Taste Bar! Delicious! I only made it 2 nights, but so good! :(

We sailed The Magic 2 years ago but I don't recall a Taste Bar. Details from anyone who knows, please. We'll be back onboard very soon. :)

Thanks!

Yes- the Taste bar is in the evening on ocean plaza- directly across from the stage. The have little bites of food, different each evening. Some are supposed to be samplings from steakhouse, cucina. Strange thing is what you sample isn't even served in the steakhouse- even servers laugh abt that. Oh well, it's food! And you know how hard it is to come be that on a cruise ship

I dont know how I missed the taste bar when I was on the Magic last April. Im making it a point to do it on our June 8th Cruise.. The steakhouse is a must!! Some of the best food I have ever eaten and the service was AHHHHMAZING!!!

I loved just about everything about Magic, I even got a change to be on the WIN! Pre-game show when we cruised but my favorite has to be that Groove Motown show they had, it was so good I went to both seatings...do they still have that show? I'm really looking forward to it!! 9-14-2014!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...

Just ran across this thread... Great information!!!

I've only cruised her once, but heading out again on 9-7-14...

On the morning of the first day at sea -- I usually wake early -- still in wake up for work mode... and I walk the ship and explore!!!

We do Early dinner -- and in the fall and winter and early spring, that means we may miss sunset -- so I try to see the sunrise when I'm up in time! I love going to the forward decks, feel the wind in my face and watch the sun rise.

There is food everywhere and practically all the time!!

Tandoori is all the way aft, on the starboard side. Great food and the Greek Salad is WONDERFUL!!

The Seaside BBQ, outside on the Lanai on Deck 5 is great!!! Only on Sea Days for lunch.

Inside the Lanai, is the Taste Bar...

Cucina del Capitano is free for lunch. $12 for dinner. Very good food.

The Lanai Hot Tubs are mostly empty -- and there are showers close by to rinse off, on Deck 5.

Red Frog on Deck 5 port side, outside has a great glider swing.

Plus you can walk around the whole ship, outside on deck 5!! FANTASTIC!!!!

The waterworks/slides are wonderful!!!

Get to the Comedy Club early!! It fills up quickly...

The Serenity Deck is very windy, since it's forward, but is great. Lots of hammocks, clamshell chairs and recliner chairs. The hot tub there I found to often be full and busy!!

The ropes course around the Funnel is often closed for winds and weather. BUT TRY IT!!! No matter how old you are!!!