Ft. Lauderdale to Port of MIA Tips

kg21rules

We are flying into the Fort Lauderdale airport the Saturday before our cruise. We plan on staying in a Ft. Laud hotel as well. Any tips for getting to the Miami port the next morning? I'd like to be able to arrive at the port around 11:00.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Depending on how many of you there are, don't rule out a limosine. We took a limosine several years ago. It was cheaper than a cab. And it was a flat rate. We ended up stuck in a traffic jam and it took 2 hours. We were really glad we were in a limo and not a crammed cab.

I always use ridesas.com they are reliable, cheap $15pp, and you can schedule the pickup at the airport.

I always stay in Miami then take a cab to the port. I usually stay at Holiday Inn POM and it's a $20 cab ride to the port.

SAS will also pick you up after the cruise and return you to FLL.

We stay at LaQuinta in Hollywood , when crusing from Miami or Ft Lauderdale .It's right between either city , All Star Trans picks up at the hotel every 30 minutes starting at 9:30 AM Rate is about 100.00 a night includes breakfast , walking distance to K-Mart and several Restruants

We are flying into the Fort Lauderdale airport the Saturday before our cruise. We plan on staying in a Ft. Laud hotel as well. Any tips for getting to the Miami port the next morning? I'd like to be able to arrive at the port around 11:00.

I'd rent a car and drive down to Miami the night before. Car rentals are so much cheaper than shuttles or limos. You can drop your car off at Miami, stay the night down there and then grab a cab first thing in the morning. You'll be at the pier as early as you want no problem. And if you don't want to stay in Miami, rent a car first thing in the morning, drive to Miami, drop it off and get a free shuttle to the port.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I always use ridesas.com they are reliable, cheap $15pp, and you can schedule the pickup at the airport.

I always stay in Miami then take a cab to the port. I usually stay at Holiday Inn POM and it's a $20 cab ride to the port.

SAS will also pick you up after the cruise and return you to FLL.

This is exactly how we begin our cruises out of Miami.

We rented a car at FLL and drove to Miami the night before and stayed at the best western premier. The rental was $35 through Thrifty and they offer a shuttle from MIA to POM when you drop the car off the next morning. We were a party of 4 and it was much cheaper then getting a car service or using cruise ground transportation. When we arrived back at POM we rented the car again and drove back to FLL. It worked out great. We were able to go to Walmart and get water and sodas to bring on the ship since we had the car.

I'd rent a car and drive down to Miami the night before. Car rentals are so much cheaper than shuttles or limos. You can drop your car off at Miami, stay the night down there and then grab a cab first thing in the morning. You'll be at the pier as early as you want no problem. And if you don't want to stay in Miami, rent a car first thing in the morning, drive to Miami, drop it off and get a free shuttle to the port.

I agree with this. Arrive in Miami instead= less stress.

I'm going to Miami port next aug. As far airlines go its almost 500. Cheaper to fly to fll. (9 of us)

new to cruising. . first cruise March/2014... sencond August /2014

We are flying into FLL in October for our Miami cruise. We love FLL and plan to spend 2 days there pre cruise. We booked MJS transportation to pick us up at our hotel and drop us off at the port. Found many good reviews for them and they were quick to reply.

I've been looking into SAS. Where thinking about staying few days before in Miami. And a hotel that offers port service.

new to cruising. . first cruise March/2014... sencond August /2014

sometimes those "free" hotel shuttles just are not worth it. For one the price is built into the price of the room

second-- they leave later then what I want to be at the pier by 11am. Shuttles sometimes dont start loading until 11am (and all those people are behind me now.

We take a cab from the hotel to the pier= worth the 20 bucks or so

Thank you for all your tips. I just booked the Hoilday Inn miami cruise port for the night before our cruise. Now I need to find a cheap way to get there from Fll.

The day we get off our cruise our flight home is not till 630 pm any tips to what to do with all that time?

Lynn

Thank you for all your tips. I just booked the Hoilday Inn miami cruise port for the night before our cruise. Now I need to find a cheap way to get there from Fll.

The day we get off our cruise our flight home is not till 630 pm any tips to what to do with all that time?

Lynn

We used, and will continue to use, SAS (ridesas.com) quite a few times. We were picked up at the airport and were driven right to the front door of the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

Hint about HIPOM-call the front desk and ask for a room overlooking the port. The views at 5:00 am are remarkable!

ry%3D480

Lynn

gack was there nothing ealier.? your only option is rent a car or take a cruiselines excurision, fll will not let you check your luggage until 3 hours before so you have to haul your bags around with you

We always fly into FLL since it is cheaper and stay at a close hotel. We use MJS Trans at $13pp to get to the port. We love the new Mercedes van and great driver! You decide the time you want picked up and he has arrived early and has been waiting every time.

Send from iphone 5 using Cruise Critic App

We used SAS last time out, but not this time. The earliest pickup time at the hotel was at 11:00, we wanted to leave at 10. They also would only return us to FLL on the return trip, they won't go back to the hotel in FLL.

After some research (thanks Cruise Critic!), we've booked MJS, who will pick us up based on our desired schedule and return us to where we wanted.

• 4 months later...
MJS was awesome...even stopped at a party store on the way to the POM

We are using them in March for of group of 6. How did you get them to take you to party store? Was wanting to do the same thing. Thanks

Dawn