Copenhagen overnight

hobbit79

We are going on a Baltic cruise on celebrity eclipse and have an overnight stop in Copenhagen. Is there anywhere near the port to walk to or a drink after dinner ?.

Thinking tivoli gardens whilst there with our daughter and parents any tips ? Ie is it far in a taxi from the port and is it worth pre ordering tickets on line before we go?

Which ice bar do people suggest stockholm or Helsinki ?

Final question what experience with weather have people had in may time on a Baltic cruise

Many thanks

Kathryn

We are going on a Baltic cruise on celebrity eclipse and have an overnight stop in Copenhagen. Is there anywhere near the port to walk to or a drink after dinner ?.

Thinking tivoli gardens whilst there with our daughter and parents any tips ? Ie is it far in a taxi from the port and is it worth pre ordering tickets on line before we go?

Which ice bar do people suggest stockholm or Helsinki ?

Final question what experience with weather have people had in may time on a Baltic cruise

Many thanks

Kathryn

Your cruise ship will dock at one of the bigger ports a fair bit north of the city center. There are only a few places to eat or drink in the nearby area.

You could walk from the pier to Tivoli in about an hour and pass a lot of interesting sites, shops, and restaurants/bars along the way. Most of the way would be on Stroget (in danish the 'o' has a slash through it), the famous walking street (no cars).

If walking 3 miles or so does not appeal to you, there is plenty of public transportation. There is a bus, #26 I believe, that runs from just off the pier back to the central train station (which is right next to Tivoli). It is also a short walk (maybe 10 minutes at most) from the pier to Nordhavn S-train station. A train going to the central station will come by every few minutes and the ride takes only 5 minutes (with 3 stops before central station). The bus and train take the same tickets - a one way ride costs about $4-5. There are also other options, like a 24 hours transit ticket, and the Copenhagen Card, which gives unlimited transportation for a specified number of days AND free entrance to lot of sites (including Tivoli) and discounts at a lot of restaurants and shops.

And there are always taxis, but taxis in Copenhagen are not cheap. This taxi ride is probably in neighborhood of $25-30. Most Danish taxis take credit cards, however.

A local Dane posting under the name "DanishViking" posts a lot of very specific Copenhagen information in the Wonderful Copenhagen thread in this forum. Check it out.

Copenhagen is a fantastic city and I am sure you will enjoy your stay whatever you decide to do!

I´m sorry to say so but Skallagrim is not right.

Celebrity Eclipse will dock at Langelinie Pier that are in walking distance from Nyhavn and other central parts of Copenhagen.

At Langelinie there is are shops, Cafés, a Restaurant and 2 ice cream stalls.

I´m sorry to say so but Skallagrim is not right.

Celebrity Eclipse will dock at Langelinie Pier that are in walking distance from Nyhavn and other central parts of Copenhagen.

At Langelinie there is are shops, Cafés, a Restaurant and 2 ice cream stalls.

If you get to dock at Langelinie Pier, you are lucky, it is much closer!

All the other ships I have checked out have to go to the harbor/piers further north.

But Danish Viking is usually right and I assume he looked it up!

And he is right about there being shops and cafes and such near Langelinie, it is just a bit of a walk to the popular Little Mermaid statue.

And so cut about 15-20 minutes and 1 S-train stop from what I said (Osterport is closer than Nordhavn for you).

Archived