Cunard singers and dancers

sweby

Just been on the Victoria, and I thoroughly enjoyed the shows. Can anyone tell me whether the Cunard singers and dancers are actually employed by Cunard, or are they employed by another company who have a contract with Cunard.

Sweby

Thank you, I thought there might be anther company involved, so much involved with all the routines and costumes. I know one of the dancers. Was from the Ukraine, but not sure about the rest.

Sweby

Just been on the Victoria, and I thoroughly enjoyed the shows. Can anyone tell me whether the Cunard singers and dancers are actually employed by Cunard, or are they employed by another company who have a contract with Cunard.

Sweby

Hi Sweby

The Cunard singers and dancers for all 3 ships are employed by Belinda King Productions during their rehearsal periods in Northampton. Once on board, they are employed by Fleet Maritime Services LTD UK on behalf of Cunard.

The QE has its own Cunard production company I think and my opinion is that they're not as good as the Belinda King ones on the QV and QM2.

http://www.belindaking.com/client-services/cunard-cruise-line.asp

The QE singers and dancers are also recruited by Belinda King Productions. Your opinion is interesting though as 7 of the current QM2 dancers who boarded in April this year were on the QE from April 12 to Jan 13.

When I complimented the cruise director on the QV in June to say that one of the acts was probably the best we have ever seen on a cruise, he replied, "Well thank you, but the credit must go to the agency that recruits our acts", so it looks like all of the acts that we saw are in fact recruited by the agency.

Hi Sweby

The Cunard singers and dancers for all 3 ships are employed by Belinda King Productions during their rehearsal periods in Northampton. Once on board, they are employed by Fleet Maritime Services LTD UK on behalf of Cunard.

Thank you for that information, it's really interesting to find out more detail.

Sweby

I'm afraid we didn't enjoy the singers and dancers, found them to be a little lacklustre, we would go and watch and be walking out after 10 minutes or so with a steady stream of people following us. However, some of the guest singers and acts were superb.

Archived