'Special Needs' Department ???

ticktoneer

Does anyone have a UK phone number or even better an e mail address for the special needs department so I can ask for an electrical extension cord for a CPAP machine for when we sail?

I've just trawled through the website and couldn't find anything.

Thanks

I have had no problem bringing 6ft cord with power strip. No worries about whether or not they would supply the proper cord/plug to suit my medical device.

Thanks for your help. Is just don't want to carry the extra weight when they will supply one.

:-)

Hi Ticktoneer, I also use a CPAP and on our Med cruise last year they provided a cord no problem. I e-mailed they at the above address and got a reply confirming that they would provide an extension. I printed it off and took a copy just in case, but it was not needed.

If you filled out the special needs questionnaire indicating that you are traveling with a cpap or bipap they will place an extension cord and distilled water in your cabin.

I also travel with a CPAP. Where do you find the questionnaire?

Just one word of caution, seeing that you are from my neck of the woods.

Twice in the last 12 months, what I have asked for on the special needs form hasn't been completely available in the cabin when we boarded. The cabin steward managed to rustle up a shower stool and I never got the disposal bin.

Moreover, I've had good and bad experiences with Celebrity's special needs people when communicating by e-mail about other things like tours. For a UK sailing in October, everything went through the UK office and they were superb. For a New Zealand sailing in March it went through and RCCL e-mail address in the US and their first response was a standard e-mail which basically said, "Your sailing is too far away, we'll sort you out closer to the time". It went downhill from there and I never really got things sorted, despite lots of to and fro to various people and departments. Even 3 months before sailing I got the same , "Talk to you later" missive. I never really got a good phone number to speak to someone I could get the right answer from.

So, hopefully the UK number someone has given you should work. If not, I'd strongly recommend getting your TA to do all the donkey work on your behalf because it might very well drive you nuts. Don't rely on the special needs form.

Archived