Rhodes Beach Advice

Dave85

Hi all - We're going to be in Rhodes next month on Celebrity Silhouette (a full day 9-6 call) and have decided we want to spend most of the day on the beach. I did a search of this board and it looks like it would be possible and convenient to go to Elli beach and still possibly have some time to walk around Rhodes Town. I've seen some other beaches mentioned -- Faliraki, Agathi, Anthony Quinn -- but they all seem to be a distance away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Dave85

• 1 month later...

Since nobody was able to answer my question and I'm now home from the trip I'll answer my own question in case this information is useful to others:

We walked to Elli Beach from the ship and it was very easy. Basically, you just walk away from the ship tracking the water on your right. You'll pass a few little port areas (I think 3 including the one Silhouette was in), and then beyond those you'll run right into the long beach strip. You'll be entering the beach at the far right end, and looking down you'll see its quite long and encompasses many restaurants and hotels. The walk was no more than 20 minutes. Obviously coming back to the ship do the reverse, keep the water to your left.

The beach itself is a rocky beach which my wife did not enjoy but I was expecting. The weather also wasn't quite optimal for our early October call, only about 75 and a bit windy, but the water was beautiful and I'm pretty sure the water temperature was higher than the air temperature. Do note that most of the restaurants / bars along the beach will be overpriced as is common everywhere and don't expect a fabulous authentic Greek meal from most of the places. That's the cost of lounging around a beach resort area!

All in all I was happy with our decision to go to Elli Beach on Rhodes. With this topic now bumped up perhaps others will read this and share experiences at other beaches on Rhodes.

Thank you for having the very good idea to reply to yourself!

In preparation for a cruise in June, I "cut & paste" pertinent infos from CC on the scheduled port of calls and your post will be part of this very personal folio!

More people should do it whenever a post kept being unanswered simply because nobody has a clue about the answer...

Thanks, Dave, for thinking to come back to CC and post. We are considering a June Silhouette cruise so I'm interested in Rhodes information. Not sure we want to spend the day at the beach but good to know this is an option.

Thanks, Dave, for the info on this beach. Rhodes is one of the islands we'll be visiting in June and we were looking to do a beach there. I am interested in more details about the actual beach you were on. I like that it's close (walking distance), but can you give me a bit more info such as: can you rent chairs and umbrellas there? when you say the beach is rocky does that mean you need water shoes to enter the water? was there decent snorkeling there?

Thanks so much for any info you can provide!

Cathy

• 2 months later...