Portion size in the Steakouse

Shadowsmom

I seems to remember the portions being smaller, but there were more courses. We were full by the end.

If you're really starved, you cold always pop by the buffet or get room service after. But sheesh, that is a lot of food. Well over 2000 calories for that one meal alone.

Small..... You could feed a small village with that amount of food. I can eat a pretty good size meal but the Steak House had too much food for me. The chocolate desert probably had over 2000 calories alone. Two people could eat one dinner and not be hungry.

The first night I went I had the lobster, just lobster, I wasn't hungry but wasn't impressed. But as my daddy always said, when you are at a steak house, order steak, so I had the filet mignon,the second time we went,and was very satisfied. To the point where I didn't even want dessert, but felt that since I paid for it, I should eat it. Had the apple tart thingie, not impressed. I believe that hunger is the best seasoning-and if that is true, I was too stuffed to enjoy anymore food.:(

We ate at the Steakhouse on the Glory two weeks ago (wish I was there). I ordered the lobster tail. It was a 10 ounce lobster tail. That is the approx. size tail on a 2+ pound lobster. Considering the chef taste dish, appetizer (I had the crab cake - best I've ever had), delicious bread with dips, I didn't even finish the lobster and it was cooked perfectly. I ordered the chocolate sampler desert and just had a tiny bite of the FOUR dishes. It was delicious but I was stuffed. My husband got the surf and turf which was a 5 ounce lobster tail and a filet. He loved it. My son ordered one of the large steaks. He is 21 y/o and ordered two meals in the dining room each night - but he just barely finished his steak and he didn't eat any bread or have an appetizer.

I usually feel like a glutton when I leave. It's very filling.

It's 4 courses. At home I have 1 course for dinner. The portions are a little more generous than the MDR and the quality of the food(especially the steak) is much better. Like the MDR is Chili's to the Steakhouse's Ruth Chris. The lobsters are lobsters not shrimp that hung with A-Rod in Miami and now call themselves "Lobsters". The steak is as good as fine steakhouses on land.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's the steak and potato I had on the Carnival Breeze a few months ago...

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2018.JPG

I have no complaints over the size of the steaks... but I do think the potato portions are too small. Sometimes I have the baked potato and sometimes I have the mashed potatoes in the steakhouse. In both cases, it has always seemed like too little potato to go with a gigantic steak. You can ask for a double portion of potato, though, with no problem at all.

Here's the lobster that my wife had in the steakhouse:

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2015.JPG

I hope that helps you to visualize the size of the portions!

We have always left stuffed, but I was a bit dissapointed last yr on the Breeze. I ordered the surf & turf, it was a small half of a lobster tail and a small filet. I should have just had the steak, lol. Like I said it was plenty of food with all the courses but I wish I had just ordered a nice big steak. :D

Archived