How far out do precruise docs come?

Tess2mommies

Hi Everyone, How far out do the precruise docs come where I can look at the little excursion book? TIA

TIA,

We usually get our pre-cruise docs a week to ten days after final payment. But you can book excursions on-line anywhere from 60-120 days out depending on itinerary. Just log onto the personalizer and check it out.

TIA,

We usually get our pre-cruise docs a week to ten days after final payment. But you can book excursions on-line anywhere from 60-120 days out depending on itinerary. Just log onto the personalizer and check it out.

I booked my excursions online last time. I was not aware that the book came after final payment, as we booked our last cruise 75 days out.

Thanks for the info.

My pre-cruise docs came in early May for a July 16 cruise. Had made the finaly payment long before that (I prefer to be all paid up so I don't have to worry, and its still fully refundable up to the final payment date should something unforseen happen). I had already booked my excursions in the personalizer however. They say those are available online 120 days before departure, but I found mine open a couple of weeks before that. We jumped on them and reserved so we were sure to get the times we wanted.

They used to consist of all kinds of useful information and forms that you needed :) These days everyone gets a generic packet, there is nothing in the docs that is specific to your cabin etc, rather diappointing.

You get a cruise answer book .. a shore excursion book, some letters telling you to fill out your information online, and a bahamma customs form.

If you never receive your precruise docs it will have no effect on your cruise since theres nothing of any value in them :)

Our pre-cruise package had personalized Passenger Information/Immigration forms and excursion selection forms pre-printed with name and cabin number, along with the voyage number. Friends who are traveling with their daughter who is under 18 also received a pre-printed travel authorization letter with their daughter's name and both parents listed as accompanying her. All they had to do was sign it.

Yes, most of it is generic, but there are some materials specific to you included. It does contain some rather useful info for those of us who haven't cruised in a long time, and for those of us for whom this is their first experience with Princess. The Cruise Answer Book was very helpful as well, but this can also be downloaded online.

Have a great cruise! :)

Sorry if I was misunderstood, I didn't mean to imply there was no useful information included, what I meant to say was there was no critical information contained :)

If you never receive your cruise docs, you can still walk right onto the ship as all the forms are online, as are shore excursion booking.

Hadn't heard of the parent form before but that would be the only thing in the package really needed.

You get a cruise answer book .. a shore excursion book, some letters telling you to fill out your information online, and a bahamma customs form.

A Bahamas customs form? Does this need to be filled out even if your itenarary (sp?) does not stop in the Bahamas? I did not see a place to fill this out online and want to make sure to fill out the hard copy and take it with me if I need it.

Thanks!

It is personalized somewhat because I just received 2 in the mail. One for my 7 day Iberia cruise, other for the 14 day transatlantic and of course, no Bahamas form! :-)

The shore excursion books are big and quite detailed, unlike some other cruise lines that give you a pocket sized version with limited descriptions!

The cruise contract in big print rather than what is in the back of the brochure is handy, too and everyone should read it (more than a glance over)! From all the posts I see about people disappointed about things that happen on their cruise, the answer book and cruise contract would eliminate alot of those posts!

Susie

A Bahamas customs form? Does this need to be filled out even if your itenarary (sp?) does not stop in the Bahamas? I did not see a place to fill this out online and want to make sure to fill out the hard copy and take it with me if I need it.

Thanks!

The Bahamas Immigration Forms are usually included not only for those sailings stopping at the most common Bahamian ports such as Nassau and Freeport but also for those Cruise Lines that have a Private Island that are a part of the Bahamas. Correct me if I'm wrong but you may have received it if your itinerary includes Princess Cay. If it does not, then I don't why.. Hope it helped.

Cruizinpooh

We are booked on the CB for the 9/3/05 7 night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and we received our package last week which had the Bahamas Imigration forms, the book showing destinations and excursions, etc. I called about the tickets and they said we should receive them 7-12 days prior to the cruise. Hope that helps.

Archived