Springhill suites- New Orleans Question ?

joejoed123

We are staying at the Springhill suites / New Orleans in the convention/arts district this September. Is there anywhere within walking distance to buy soft drinks and bottled waters to take on the ship ? ( Walgreens or gas station, convenience store ) ?

Thanks,

Joe

Cajun Market is located at the corner of Julia St and Convention Blvd. I haven't personally used them, so can't comment - but they sell groceries, liquor, wine. If you look on Google Maps, and drill down to street view, you can see that they are located just across the street from the food court end of the Riverwalk Marketplace. This appears to be maybe two blocks from your hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks mitsugirly.... now I've got options ! What did you think of the hotel ? By the way I have really enjoyed reading your reviews... thanks for taking the time to do them !

You're welcome.

Did you happen to read my review (in my Star cruise) on Springhill? I had TONS of pictures in it. We loved the place and was actually thinking about booking it again for our upcoming cruise this December, but it was already full. :(

Thanks for the great pictures of the Springhill Suites ! It looks rather plain from the outside... now I feel a lot better about that choice. I had not seen the first part of your Star review I had skipped to the port reviews and read them. We are on the Conquest and doing Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel... so I was checking on those ports. What would be your " dont miss " for these ports ?

Thanks for the great pictures of the Springhill Suites ! It looks rather plain from the outside... now I feel a lot better about that choice. I had not seen the first part of your Star review I had skipped to the port reviews and read them. We are on the Conquest and doing Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel... so I was checking on those ports. What would be your " dont miss " for these ports ?

Yea, it's pretty ho-hum on the outside, but then again everything around there is because it's the warehouse district. But the inside is very nice IMO.

In Belize, our thing has been the cave tubing. We have done it twice, but probably won't do it again (a been there done that kinda thing and only did it twice because the second time around my oldest daughter and family had never been before). But, if you haven't done it before, it's a lot of fun.

In Roatan, if you can't tell by my reviews, I LOVE Little French Key and Maya Key. By far, our favorite port. You can't go wrong with either place.

In Cozumel, my "don't miss" is definitely Chankanaab. We have been twice and then have been to other places and still can't find anything that tops Chankanaab. :)

Archived