Liberty from Rome

dancecj

We are planning a cruise on the Liberty next summer. Most people depart from Barcelona. Because of flight options we may have to start in Rome. Has anyone else done this? And what was that like? Thanks in advance.

I believe you will have to arrange with the cruise line in advance if you want to embark at a port other than the designated starting point. Also, consider how you will get back to Rome once your cruise ends in Barcelona.

I believe you will have to arrange with the cruise line in advance if you want to embark at a port other than the designated starting point. Also, consider how you will get back to Rome once your cruise ends in Barcelona.

we wanted to embark in Rome also but to board the liberty you have to embark from Naples

Navigator embarks from Rome

Next year, passengers do have the option of embarking and disembarking in Rome.

To the OP, if you don't get that many answers here, you may want to look at the roll call for the date you want. There may be people with helpful information.

The Navigator isn't in Europe next year.

I do know that we have the Rome option, and it is easier for us to get a flight home with our schedule. What I am curious about is the transportation to and from the city and ship. It is almost 2 hours. Is it easy? Expensive? Thanks again!

I do know that we have the Rome option, and it is easier for us to get a flight home with our schedule. What I am curious about is the transportation to and from the city and ship. It is almost 2 hours. Is it easy? Expensive? Thanks again!

Hi, depending on how many of you there are it might be easy for you on the train, we did this as there are only two of us. Train is at Airport, you change either at Rome Central or on the outskirts depending on what day you fly in, it was very easy.

Next year, passengers do have the option of embarking and disembarking in Rome.

To the OP, if you don't get that many answers here, you may want to look at the roll call for the date you want. There may be people with helpful information.

The Navigator isn't in Europe next year.

Well thank you so much for this helpful information.Last year we sailed from Rome on the Navigator.

This year we had to go to Naples to board the Liberty.

It's just great news that next year we can board the Liberty in Rome!Thanks so much much easier flying into Rome than Naples

This seems like an excellent option. Rome really needs a few days to see properly and, together with the distance from port to city, I find it too rushed to do nicely as a port of call. The port of Barcelona, on the other hand, is very close to the town and an excellent one day location.

It is easy to get to Civitavecchia by train from Rome, though some don't much enjoy doing it with luggage, and the trains can be crowded on summer weekends. Another option is a taxi service like Rome Cabs (or there are others); if you can arrange a group on your Roll Call, that can reduce the price.

After doing Rome on one end

if you decide to stay by port on one end of cruise or another

you may want to consider:

Hotel Tenuta dell'Argento

(a cattle ranch up on the hillside overlooking the port and city)

We have stayed there and will again in October!

The hotel has wonderful onsite restaurant

and with serving own raised beef from the ranch,

and many home grown vegetables and fruits.

Incuding breakfast.

Including free transfers to/from town, train and port!

Airport is between Rome and Civitavecchia.

When we fly in, we will go direct to Civitavecchia,

for we have spent time in Rome before!

Archived