Different Stateroom? Different OnBoard Account?

Awwsnuffie

Hey everyone.

I will be sailing with a large group (10 adults 6 kids) on my upcoming cruise. Since this is my first time traveling with a large group I'm not 100% certain of a lot of the details and am looking for some answers.

My friend who is cruising with me has five children who will be spread out over three staterooms (2 in her stateroom, 2 in her parents stateroom and 1 in her sisters stateroom). When she sets up her onboard spending account, is she able to link her children's room keys to her account even though they are in a different stateroom than her?

Also, I am also looking for information clarifying if it is possible to put a daily spending limit on the children's cards and how to go about doing that.

Thanks for all your help!

I know for sure she can link those kids to her charge card. I am pretty sure the billing stays linked to each stateroom. All the "payer" has to do is stop at the front desk from time to time to see what was charged to that credit card. Spending for the other person (relative) can be on a different card.

I know for sure she can link those kids to her charge card. I am pretty sure the billing stays linked to each stateroom. All the "payer" has to do is stop at the front desk from time to time to see what was charged to that credit card. Spending for the other person (relative) can be on a different card.

In our experience, all persons who are on the same credit card expenditures will show up on the bill for the owner of the credit card. On the Gem all four persons charges showed up on the cabin TV of the card holder only.

I think the only way to put a limit on the kids cards are to set up cash accounts for them.

Does anyone have any more details regarding this??

Yes. Instead of putting down a credit card to cover their charges you put down cash. Once the cash is gone they can't spend anymore. This isn't done daily but in total. I guess you could go down and add cash each day, but that would be a pain

I gave my kids a budget and monitor their charges. My youngest was 10 when I first did this. It was $10 per day, and they could spend the $70 on anything they wanted at any time. My boys (teens) burned through it quickly, but my daughter saved hers and bought something really neat in the gift shop. :)

Yes. Instead of putting down a credit card to cover their charges you put down cash. Once the cash is gone they can't spend anymore. This isn't done daily but in total. I guess you could go down and add cash each day, but that would be a pain

I gave my kids a budget and monitor their charges. My youngest was 10 when I first did this. It was $10 per day, and they could spend the $70 on anything they wanted at any time. My boys (teens) burned through it quickly, but my daughter saved hers and bought something really neat in the gift shop. :)

Fantastic! I will pass along the info. Thanks for your help.

We are a family of 5 and my oldest child usually has to end up staying in my -in laws cabin. I pre pay her gratuities in advance on My NCL and when we check in at the pier, I decline her spending privileges (because in the past she had bought 2 soda packages on the same cruise @ 10 years old.)So to prevent her from having a spending spree we just decline it at check in. They clip the corner of her card to show she has no spending privileges. But if you want them to have access to spending you can link your credit card to their key card no matter which cabin they stay in.

We are a family of 5 and my oldest child usually has to end up staying in my -in laws cabin. I pre pay her gratuities in advance on My NCL and when we check in at the pier, I decline her spending privileges (because in the past she had bought 2 soda packages on the same cruise @ 10 years old.)So to prevent her from having a spending spree we just decline it at check in. They clip the corner of her card to show she has no spending privileges. But if you want them to have access to spending you can link your credit card to their key card no matter which cabin they stay in.

Just to clarify, the clipped corner of the card is usually utilized to indicate a guest is under 21. Spending limits are handled by guest services.

For cash accounts I believe you will need to include the DSC as part of the money put down on the account ($12 per day per person) so at minimum the kids would need $84 for a 7 day cruise and then add in the daily spending money.

If I'm incorrect please chime in!

Mine would by a soda package from every employee.......

For cash accounts I believe you will need to include the DSC as part of the money put down on the account ($12 per day per person) so at minimum the kids would need $84 for a 7 day cruise and then add in the daily spending money.

If I'm incorrect please chime in!

As said, you can prepay the DSC so there is no risk to that money getting spent "by accident" by the kid.

Archived