Best way to do Bacardi Tour AND Coach Outlet?

jaded99

So I've never been to San Juan before, but DH and I know we want to do the Bacardi tour and I definitely want to check out the Coach outlet. I looked them up on Google Maps and it looks like they're on opposite ends of a bay... first, how far apart are they actually, and then what's the best way to do both in one day?

There's an excursion that does Old San Juan Shopping and the Bacardi Tour. Would this bring us both places/ would it be worth the ~$45pp for anyone that's done it?

Why spend your vacation time in a Coach Outlet in PR when you have one in MA that IMO is far better? If you provide you email at the Wrentham Outlet Coach store, you'll receive updates on their outlet products and coupons specific to store sales and events. Remember, PR has a national 5.5% and local 1.5% sales tax on such items, including clothing. It's still the US and not a duty free port.

Bacardi is an easy ferry trip - skip the ship's excursion. Then head to Barrachina in OSJ for a 151 proof pina colada!

Darcy

Why spend your vacation time in a Coach Outlet in PR when you have one in MA that IMO is far better? If you provide you email at the Wrentham Outlet Coach store, you'll receive updates on their outlet products and coupons specific to store sales and events. Remember, PR has a national 5.5% and local 1.5% sales tax on such items, including clothing. It's still the US and not a duty free port.

Bacardi is an easy ferry trip - skip the ship's excursion. Then head to Barrachina in OSJ for a 151 proof pina colada!

Darcy

I've heard there are coupons for the one in PR that bring the prices under the MA ones... but mostly it's because I always feel free to spend more money on vacation than at home lol

The pina colada sounds good, will have to try that!

Same coupons, specific to each location. One thing to remember about the Outlet stores, and outlet mall stores in general - there is a difference in merchandise. I have a friend who worked at one of the premium shops and she said the company makes items specific to the outlet. That seems to have merit as my niece is a big Coach fan and brought her hand bag into a mall Coach store to have the handle repaired - the clerk immediately said, "Oh, you bought this at the Outlet, it's not a store bag." A clerk at Wm. Sonoma showed me a tiny touch mark on outlet pieces to identify them, too. Yes, they do look the same, but there's a difference. When you think about the number of so called outlets and the vast inventory, this may hold true. I have a Coach wallet from the outlet in Wrentham and one from Nordy's. but like my Kate Spade [outlet] more.

You're right about being on vacation and being tempted to spend a bit extra. If you like something, buy it and have nice memories of your trip. As long as you are not buying $10 Gucci or Rolex items......

Darcy

Archived