Cheers drink program...... ??

tandtmk04

We are sailing on the Breeze in Oct. and plan on purchasing the Cheers program, as we were on the Liberty in May and didn't realize you had to purchase within the first 2 days,we decided on day 2 to purchase however you can only purchase on ship not at Half Moon so by the time we got back on the ship we forgot to! With that being said can you purchase this before you get on the ship or do you have to wait until you board?? Thanks :)

We are sailing on the Breeze in Oct. and plan on purchasing the Cheers program, as we were on the Liberty in May and didn't realize you had to purchase within the first 2 days,we decided on day 2 to purchase however you can only purchase on ship not at Half Moon so by the time we got back on the ship we forgot to! With that being said can you purchase this before you get on the ship or do you have to wait until you board?? Thanks :)

You can only purchase the program on the ship. Either at one of the bars or on the first day they have a table set up like for the soda program.

I was just wondering about this... What happens if you don't like a drink and you give it to "someone" else is that sharing?

What I was wondering is if you are an alcoholic surely 15 drinks per day wouldn't be enough. So if that is the case and you and your wife each had a card but she didn't drink - would it really be cheating if you used her card to get 15 more drinks to support your habit or keep you from getting the DT's or whatever? I also wonder about "waste not want not" - I mean I see people piling their plates high with food in the buffet and not eating 75% of it - so if people want to try a sip of 15 different drinks and not finish them because by golly they paid for them - wouldn't that also eventually make the price of the Cheers package go up?

I am pretty sure Carnival doesn't make business decisions based on braggadocios posts on message boards.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Right!! I'm pretty sure all companies add a percentage into their products for items that walk out the door. So I'm pretty sure a company like Carnival has factored in people who may "share" the Cheers program.

My husband and I have no reason to share! And its really none of my business or something that keeps me up nights worrying about the people who do!! Who cares!

What I was wondering is if you are an alcoholic surely 15 drinks per day wouldn't be enough. So if that is the case and you and your wife each had a card but she didn't drink - would it really be cheating if you used her card to get 15 more drinks to support your habit or keep you from getting the DT's or whatever? I also wonder about "waste not want not" - I mean I see people piling their plates high with food in the buffet and not eating 75% of it - so if people want to try a sip of 15 different drinks and not finish them because by golly they paid for them - wouldn't that also eventually make the price of the Cheers package go up?

It's up to the individual to know how to drink and/or eat responsibly. ;)

Wonder if all the bartenders will be required to carry a

stopwatch.png

Like the stop watch! It shows the time on the computer/cash register, I guess the bartender could get in trouble if they gave you one before the 5 min interval.

Hi gang,

We are going on a thanksgiving week cruise and were thinking of getting the cheers program...........

me and DH like to have a few and I can see on sea days, bloody mary's, then beers by the pool...... pre-dinner drink and drink:confused: with dinner............then maybe a drink at the show....... with trying different things i think we would come out at least breaking even. I like the thought of not having to worry about the price of each drink....

my questions is: we have OBC due to price of cruise going down. Can OBC be used to pay for the cheers program?

Thanks!

$800 for two people. :eek: I could pay for another person to cruise and their gratuities at that price. I will be sticking with the cheap bottle of wine I'm bring in my carry-on lol.

Ditto the sentiment!

We'll be packing two bottles. :D

Need to purchase at least six drinks to break even :cool: I'm on the floor after three. :o Carnival would definitely make money off of me. :rolleyes:

i would rather pay 800 for the both of us then have a 1000+ bill at the end of the week....i usually have 8 foo foo drinks a day, at 8.95 a pop, that comes to 71.60....hubby has his beer and some mixed drinks during the day....getting the package next week on the pride...rather pay the 402.15 for the cheers then have a bill of 501.20 for the week

Ok got a question. My friend and I are going on the conquest on 9-22 with our wives. Me and him booked our room together and put the wives in the room together so that me and him could get the cheers package because the wives dont drink much. Question is can we go to guest services after we are on the ship and purchase the cheers package and switch us back with our wives? or at least reassign the cards so we dont get all the charges mixed up and can get into the rooms with our wives?

Moving cabins won't be a problem. However you might find that if your wife wants to move into the same cabin as yourself, she will need to purchase the Cheers programme too.

Due to the number of people trying to get round the Cheers policy, Carnival will no doubt start monitoring cabin moves.

All you can do is enquire before moving.

Ok got a question. My friend and I are going on the conquest on 9-22 with our wives. Me and him booked our room together and put the wives in the room together so that me and him could get the cheers package because the wives dont drink much. Question is can we go to guest services after we are on the ship and purchase the cheers package and switch us back with our wives? or at least reassign the cards so we dont get all the charges mixed up and can get into the rooms with our wives?

Doesn't matter who is in what cabin, you set up the sign and sail individually. Just go to guest services and get key cards for the cabins. Carnival doesn't care where you sleep, don't go to guest services it will get complicated:eek:

Ok got a question. My friend and I are going on the conquest on 9-22 with our wives. Me and him booked our room together and put the wives in the room together so that me and him could get the cheers package because the wives dont drink much. Question is can we go to guest services after we are on the ship and purchase the cheers package and switch us back with our wives? or at least reassign the cards so we dont get all the charges mixed up and can get into the rooms with our wives

You can get a key for the other room. that's what we did on our last cruise. My boys stayed in one room, my wife and I in another.

Archived