Platinum Laundry

javamom

You will have some bags in your room. Place you laundry in the bags and inventory it on the slip provided. If platinum you put your folio number on it and give it to your room steward. My last cruise on the Freedom I gave it to my steward in the morning on two occasions and received it back the same night. You can load the bags as tightly as you like . I sent two bags one day and received four back.

You should find the bags in the desk drawer or in the closet. They can tear easily so be a bit careful. All copies of the form on which you write down every item goes in the bag--may want to keep your own list. I write Platinum across the form. I've either given it to the steward or placed it outside the door. If left before about 11 am you'll get it back about 7pm ish. If you're not in the cabin they will go in and put it inside.

Don't send clothes you'll be crushed about having damaged as they are all cleaned in strong chemicals and very hot water. I send only cotton or denim. Blacks and whites and colors came back in great condition, nicely folded and really clean!

If you know you're going on an excursion that will get your clothes dirty, like an ATV ride, cave tubing or a sweaty run like Amazing Race, plan to put those clothes in for laundering. You can set it out that evening and it will be back the next evening.

It's great not to have to do a load of laundry the day you get home!:D

I put all our dirty clothes on the bed, then inventoried it on the slip. Then I took each piece and rolled it into a very tight log. After they were all rolled, I stood the open bag on the floor and I put one layer of clothing in the bag vertically, then added another layer horizontally, until the bag was full. Small items, like undies or socks, I wormed into the corners and in between other clothes carefully.

On the slip, there is a section at the top left for Platinum/Diamond guests. I wrote in my folio number, checked "same day", and wormed the slip into the bag.

Our first bag held 27 items (one pair of socks counts as one item so we really had over 40 items) and received three bags back. The second time I sent 25 items and received two bags back.

I LOVE having our laundry done for us.

While very convenient, especial on a longer cruise, I found my laundry to smell musty. I didn't have much choice, since I had failed to put in any of husband's pants for a two week cruise. He had a change in our carry on, the ones he wore on the plane and the pants to his suit! I kept wondering why his suitcase was so light when they weighed it!

While very convenient, especial on a longer cruise, I found my laundry to smell musty. I didn't have much choice, since I had failed to put in any of husband's pants for a two week cruise. He had a change in our carry on, the ones he wore on the plane and the pants to his suit! I kept wondering why his suitcase was so light when they weighed it!

How many free washing did you get on a two week cruise. The web site says three per person but some people have reported getting 5 free washing on a 15 day cruise.

We have a 15 day to Hawaii in Sept.

I put all our dirty clothes on the bed, then inventoried it on the slip. Then I took each piece and rolled it into a very tight log. After they were all rolled, I stood the open bag on the floor and I put one layer of clothing in the bag vertically, then added another layer horizontally, until the bag was full. Small items, like undies or socks, I wormed into the corners and in between other clothes carefully.

On the slip, there is a section at the top left for Platinum/Diamond guests. I wrote in my folio number, checked "same day", and wormed the slip into the bag.

Our first bag held 27 items (one pair of socks counts as one item so we really had over 40 items) and received three bags back. The second time I sent 25 items and received two bags back.

I LOVE having our laundry done for us.

Wow talk about stuff the bag

For same day service we leave bag on our bed and tell steward we have laundry for him.

Thypically they ask to be notified before 10 to make sure it is back by 5 30 or so.

Have had great success with my stuff. Nice taking one large suitcase for DW and me.

Best Laundry tip a fellow passenger told me was.

Under Comments write cold water, I started doing that my clothes came back clean and with less wrinkles.

Good idea. Thanks

Just friendly warning: If you really love your clothes, don't send to get washed. Stick to socks, etc

As others posted, sometimes come back funky smelling, had some shirts with faded spots and yes smaller. Good luck.

We used to be big-time "rollers" - you can get a lot of stuff in that bag! We easily could get three days' worth of clothes for three people in there.

Now that our son is platinum, we get 9 bags on a 7 day cruise - laundry is bagged and tagged a lot quicker when you don't have to roll everything up! :)

ETA - on the Magic we had to get our laundry to our steward by 10 for same-day turnaround. We always ask the first time we meet him/her as it seems to vary by ship. But it was out by 10, returned by 7 every day.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Best Laundry tip a fellow passenger told me was.

Under Comments write cold water, I started doing that my clothes came back clean and with less wrinkles.

I don't post a lot, but do read quite a bit here on CC and love it when I see something completely new! DH and I are both platinum and cruise with our boys (9 and 10) quite a bit. I don't send anything delicate by any means, but love sending off my guys "stinky" :rolleyes: stuff and my workout clothes,etc. at least 2-3 bags worth on each cruise. Now I may actually shoot for our full allotment as I never thought to ask for the cold water wash...time to send more shorts and shirts:)

Thanks for the tip!:D

Three of the eight in our group on the Baltic cruise were platinum. We took contributed to one of the bags. Whites only. Frankly I wasn't impressed. There was pen on my husband's shirt that they called about, but couldn't get out. I got it out easily, the first time I washed it once we arrived at home. The other clothing was average. I get things whiter at home. In addition, I found things to come back damp. Perhaps that is done on purpose due to shrinking. IDK, but I wasn't impressed. All totaled, of the 9 bags our family could have for the 12 days, we only used 4 or 5.

Three of the eight in our group on the Baltic cruise were platinum. We took contributed to one of the bags. Whites only. Frankly I wasn't impressed. There was pen on my husband's shirt that they called about, but couldn't get out. I got it out easily, the first time I washed it once we arrived at home. The other clothing was average. I get things whiter at home. In addition, I found things to come back damp. Perhaps that is done on purpose due to shrinking. IDK, but I wasn't impressed. All totaled, of the 9 bags our family could have for the 12 days, we only used 4 or 5.

DW is in charge of the laundry but even i know that whites will not be whiter than white as they cant use bleach.

Archived