Stay in Houston (IAH) or Galveston?

fritolayNY

We are returning from Cruise on a Sunday and staying in Galveston. Would like to hire car for a few days and return it to Houston International airport. So far have found out only one care hire place in Galveston and that is closed on Sundays. Will need to take taxi to hotel and pick up car Monday....people have suggested limo transfers to airport but not our cup of tea..need car for shopping...outlets etc, anyone here able to help, please ?

Thanks.

We are returning from Cruise on a Sunday and staying in Galveston. Would like to hire car for a few days and return it to Houston International airport. So far have found out only one care hire place in Galveston and that is closed on Sundays. Will need to take taxi to hotel and pick up car Monday....people have suggested limo transfers to airport but not our cup of tea..need car for shopping...outlets etc, anyone here able to help, please ?

Thanks.

As you've been told other places, there is only one car rental agency on Galveston Island and it is closed on Sunday. Also, the drop off charge for a one way rental to Bush Intercontinental Airport is very steep. You could look at taking a taxi to Texas City as I think there are other car rental agencies there, but the one way drop off will still be expensive. Know that people from outside the US like to shop here as things are so much less expensive than at home, but you may find that the cost of a car rental might negate any shopping savings. Sorry!

Not traveling as far but I do have to work at 330am before I fly out at 230pm and will arrive in Houston by 830. Trying to decide the same thing as you are.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Forums mobile app

It's a dilema alright! We arrive in a couple of hours earlier than you do, so we could get to Galveston with time to a grab a bite and check into a hotel. We won't to do much more than that due to length of time we'll have been travelling. Our body clocks will be on after midnight so we might just be ready to bed down! Got to make a decision one way or the other and go with it!

Archived