This is why insurance is worth it.

mkerner

We are scheduled to leave Friday for New Orleans ans the Conquest on Sunday 7/10. This last Tuesday my wife had to have a root canal (ouch). We thought all would be well by now, but it is not and she might need a second procedure. We will not know until Monday or Tuesday. Now I am glad we covered our bases and took out the insurance. Airfare is not covered, but we can re-book and not loose much.

Wish us well! We have waited a year and hope we can still make it!

Be sure to read the terms of coverage and doublecheck if you would be covered. We always buy travel insurance for cruises and I think the typical language states that inability to travel for a medical reason is a covered incidence only if you can obtain a doctor's note that indicates you have a medical condition that renders you unable to travel. I don't know that the need for a second root canal ordinarly fits the bill. Good luck!

Oh no Mike!!! I know you are really looking forward to your cruise on the Conquest too!!! :(

I hope that Joyce is feeling better so that you are able to go. Tooth pain is very hard to ignore, so it's not really the kind of thing you can just deal with until after the cruise. Thank goodness you got the insurance, that way you aren't stressing about losing your money too. But hopefully you'll still be able to go.

I don't know that the need for a second root canal ordinarly fits the bill. Good luck!
You would be surprised at the complications that can occur with dental proceedures. I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed 2 years ago and wound up with an infection that which led to me landing in the hospital having surgery, hanging out in ICU for a week and out of work on medical leave for a month :( :eek:

You would be surprised at the complications that can occur with dental proceedures. I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed 2 years ago and wound up with an infection that which led to me landing in the hospital having surgery, hanging out in ICU for a week and out of work on medical leave for a month :( :eek:

WOW that is scary.. maybe it was your dentist.. because I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed all at once and was out of commission for 1 week....

Ohh,thats such a bummer to have waited this long for your cruise and then you have a dental problem a rise.I hope things get worked out for you and your wife.

Keep us posted,and good luck!:)

That's terrible! All four of my wisdom teeth had to be removed by surgery on the day day due to the same reason -- thank goodness I was just out of commission for a couple of days on painkillers. I've also had a root canal, which was a far simpler (though no less stressful) procedure. I just wanted to remind OP that unless his wife's dentist is willing to state that she is unable to travel due to need for a second root canal (and explain why it cannot take place either before the trip or after the trip and maybe why painkillers would be insufficient), the insurance terms might not treat it as a covered incident. It all depends on the language of OP's policy.

WOW that is scary.. maybe it was your dentist.. because I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed all at once and was out of commission for 1 week....

No I think unfortunatly it is me :( . When I had the 1st two taken out four years ago. I developed complications with that removal as well. I was in pain for about 2 weeks and my face was swollen for close to a month on one side. (different dentists). I took antibotics prior etc.

No I think unfortunatly it is me :( . When I had the 1st two taken out four years ago. I developed complications with that removal as well. I was in pain for about 2 weeks and my face was swollen for close to a month on one side. (different dentists). I took antibotics prior etc.

Ouch poor you.. I hope you have them all out now :)

As for the OP I wish you all the best and hope your DW can get whatever is wrong fixed in time.. but yes the insurance is a great thing to have... you never know what might pop up!!

I had to reschedule my trip due to an unexpected medical hospitalization and boy, it sure isn't fun to have to make that phone call!! Anything making you wait longer is a true BUMMER. Hope wife is fine and all is well!!:D :D

I have 5 wisdom teeth, 3 of them impacted, and all of them taken out at the same time. If you painted my face orange, I would have looked like a pumpkin. :-)

Dana

My DW is feeling better this morning. Her mouth is sore, but much better than yesterday. We are hoping it will continue to improve and we are continuing to pack and remain optomistic.

Keep those good thoughts coming our way...they do help!

She should be OK by friday for sure. I have, unfortunatly, had many root canals. Sometimes they have to go back in and just open up the canal again as some pressure can build up . Once they do that, it usually fixed the pain problems. Or sometimes they don't get all the nerve and need to redrill but once they get it, should be fine. The first couple of days can be painful. Bring pain medication but the worst should definitely be over by Friday!

I thought I posted this earlier but I guess not. Get a jar of Vicks Vapo Rub and put some on her cheeck. It will warm up and should start to feel better. Sounds strange but it is a pain reliever if you read the bottle. If she wants to sleep put a towel on the pillow to catch what rubs off.

I had a very painful root canal a few years ago that Vicoprofin was not helping at all. After 3 days this was the only thing that helped. I swear by it and have had 3 root canals since and have tried this every time.

Archived