Transatlantic on Equinox

ticktoneer

it's wonderful! There are many activities including some excellent speakers to fill your days....there is a wonderful corning museum glass demonstration on most days where they make incredibly beautiful works of art in molten glass right before your eyes...there's time to just sit and read, think or just veg out. Finally, you arrive rested, unlike flying to Europe.

Plan to do something in Europe when you arrive.

highly recommended and a good ship.

We were on Reflection this past April from Miami to Rome. It was a wonderful cruise. Yes, there was some rough seas, but it didn't interfere with any daily activities. You do lose approximately six hours of time headed east, but it's done on a daily basis...not all at once.

We were on Reflection this past April from Miami to Rome. It was a wonderful cruise. Yes, there was some rough seas, but it didn't interfere with any daily activities. You do lose approximately six hours of time headed east, but it's done on a daily basis...not all at once.

That sounds great as I won't be jet lagged when I get home to the UK.

It usually takes me at least a week to get over it - affects me real bad.

We did a TA in May on Infinity from Ft. Lauderdale to Harwich, UK. We had three ports toward the end of the cruise.

The cruise was very inexpensive, 12 days for about $900 pp for a balcony. The weather was pretty nice until after we hit the Azores on day 8 of the cruise. Then it started to turn a bit chilly.

You must prepare your self for onboard activities. The evening dinner and entertainment is great, but we did the fitness center every day, did four wine tastings, went to a couple of the programs in the theatre about navigation and the ship. Also, there are trivia and day activities for some.

Some people organized card games, etc.

It is much better than flying.

We were on the Equinox TA this past April for 15 nights. It was our first TA and we had a marvelous time! I was worried about 8 nights at sea but there was plenty to do between reading my book, attending lectures, doing a trivia game or two, socializing, working out and swimming etc. I will say that there was more comraderie between passengers than on most sailings, and we met a ton of people. It was lovely.

Some tips off the top of my head: the enrichment lectures were very well attended so if you think you may be interested, go EARLY or you'll be standing. If you want to swim without a crowd of people, we noticed that about 5 pm everyone pretty well headed inside for their cocktail hour (lots of Elites on transatlantics ;)). This left the pool empty for us and it was super because we actually got some exercise. There are Happy Hours at many of the bars but they're not advertised, so ask the bartenders. We had the beverage package so it didn't matter to us, but our friends didn't. We all liked the Molecular Bar martinis so we'd go after the shows at about 10 pm on some nights and they'd get half price martinis. $6 instead of $12 is nice.

We do either the Trans Atlantic out of Rome or Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale each November and love it. The Equinox is a beautiful ship and there is enough to do to keep us busy or not. We enjoy sitting on the balcony, watching the waves and maybe having a glass of wine and read a good book or maybe we will go to a movie or an afternoon concert or demonstration. Since we are heading south it's usually in the mid 70's to low 80's so the weather is generally perfect. Of course, there is always that chance we could have rain or cooler weather so brings clothing that will allow you to layer. This year we leave for Barcelona the 23rd of November for our November 25th sailing out of Barcelona. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived