New Orleans parking

interapid

We parked in the "whale lot" right at the ship and it was so easy. It is a little more expensive than Fulton and not covered, but it is literally right at the ship. I will park there for future cruises.

What is the advantage? Is there any problems with Fulton Street parking?

We always park at the Whale lot and I can see my car from the ship. Last year it was $16 per night, prepaid. RCCL has luggage van in lot and porters on side street next to lot collecting luggage. Elevator up into RiverWalk at lot. This is next to the Hilton. Easy, easy, easy and worth the extra dollars, imho.

DW and I parked in the Fulton garage earlier this year. We felt very safe and were very pleased. They loaded luggage into the shuttle bus and it brings you right to the dock. They unload the luggage for you and the porter takes it from there. The shuttle also picks you up right at the front door and brings you back to the garage. Would definitely recommend and will definitely use again. And the price was much cheaper than others close by.

What is the advantage? Is there any problems with Fulton Street parking?

Foulton Street parking is just as safe as the "whale" lot. The advantage to the whale lot is it is at the terminal, so no shuttle needed. Disadvantage is it is uncovered and cost more. Parking at the terminal is $16 per day, and Foulton Street is $12 per day. It will take you 10 minutes longer to get to the ship if you use Foulton. Either one is a good option.

We have always parked at the terminal and find it to be safe and very easy boarding. A plus when you disembark is that many redcaps are more than willing ($) to get your luggage, etc. right to the trunk of your car. One trip my husband was not feeling well and I could not manage on my own. Redcap moved us through customs in a snap and just as quickly to our car. Considering the lines, not having to wait an hour or more for customs it was well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
So can you just show up at the Whale lot or do you make reservations like you can for Foulton? We are on NCL on 10/13 and we are just trying to get the logistics hammered out since we are traveling with my 80 yr old parents.

You just show up. You'll see a line of cars to follow.

Archived