Fare Viewer - Where's my category?

Union98

There have been a couple of threads about using Fare Viewer. What does it mean when your category (8D) doesn't show up?

We're on the Fascination, Nov 30th, 8D Balcony. I think it was the Sail From Fl and Save option but there's nothing on my receipt from the TA that says that. I did get the 8D from the receipt.

The only categories that show up under Fare Viewer are 8M, 8C, 8B, 8A and BL. I even looked at all the different Your Rates and no 8D.

Either I'm very special or I'm sleeping on the engine room floor. LOL:eek:

Thanks in advance!

There have been a couple of threads about using Fare Viewer. What does it mean when your category (8D) doesn't show up?

We're on the Fascination, Nov 30th, 8D Balcony. I think it was the Sail From Fl and Save option but there's nothing on my receipt from the TA that says that. I did get the 8D from the receipt.

The only categories that show up under Fare Viewer are 8M, 8C, 8B, 8A and BL. I even looked at all the different Your Rates and no 8D.

Either I'm very special or I'm sleeping on the engine room floor. LOL:eek:

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like 8D may be sold out for the rate type you're lookin for?

To get the price drop, it does have to be in your exact category. Keep checking though, your category may become available due to people canceling or upgrading. My category was sold out for months, and then one day it appeared on the fareviewer. I got $160 OBC. You only get the price drop after final payment if you book early saver though.

This may be a dumb question, but if you booked ES, your category has sold out, and a higher category is cheaper than what you paid, can you still get OBC after final payment or would you have to upgrade to take advantage of the price drop? For instance if you booked a cove balcony (7C) and those were sold out, but an 8A was cheaper, could you get OBC and still keep your cove? I know you can upgrade, but sometimes you may not want to. I just didn't know how strict it is to have to price match to your exact category.

Wish they would add military rate to the fare viewer so I wouldn't have to do mock bookings.

Yeah, we have to "work" for our price drops. :D

It's worth it, though, as I've had 4 Military Savings price drops on the 1st of my B2B cruises and 5 Military Savings price drops on the 2nd one.

I gave up using the fare viewer. I discovered that I can check fare viewer and it will not show any 8A balcony cabins available, but if I do a mock booking, voila - that category cabin shows up as available. Got 1 price drop that way.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if it's sold out does that mean there won't be any price drop?

I did book the last balcony room on the Empress deck. . .

I was told my category was sold out but she offered to check with supervisor and got me the discount. Saved $80! :D Not sure if Paltinum status had anything to do with her willingness to check. She offered, I didn't ask her to check.

Archived