Looking for luxury hotel in barcelona

BUCKEYE BILL

I personally like the Mandarin Oriental both for it's luxury service and location.

I enjoyed the Casa Fuster as well, but do notice it gets mixed reviews. The rooftop terrace was a fantastic oasis in such a busy city and the room had a great set of amenities and it felt like the most local real Catalan luxury experience from all my hotel stays in Barcelona.

The Eurostars Gran Marina was fine for what I needed pre-cruise a couple of times and enjoyed that I could view the ships from the rooftop pool and gym. High standard, but I would not classify it as luxury.

Have not stayed at Hotel Arts for over 25 years now as I just personally don't like being that far to that side of the city.

I had an absolutely fabulous stay at Hotel 1898 - the room was lovely (big, wonderful beds - IME, that's unusual in Europe), I liked the "colonial" decor of dark woods, marble, and rattan, and a lovely rooftop lounge where you could sip a drink, have a snack, or have a full meal. The location was very convenient (on Las Ramblas but not noisy), and the service was very good. I did not eat at the hotel except for occasional snacks with my sangria each night in the rooftop lounge.

Archived