Carnival Glory August 19th thru 24th

serene56

I think I realized on this cruise that cruising just isn't for me. I can't take the crowds. I ate at the buffet once because it was a madhouse.

I too had a balcony room and that is the only thing that "saved" me. What a great escape from the crowds with your own private view! And I walked by some inside rooms with the door open while housekeeping was cleaning - couldn't believe how tiny they were!

After cruising for years, this year on the Dream, I felt like I was just cruised out. My friend told me I was Carnivaled out. She is right. I did a 3 day on another cruise line and I'm like an addict. It was hands down one of the best trips our family has EVER had...and it was 4.5 days long!

My suggestion is to try another cruise line because Carnival is just famous for incredibly long lines and crowds everywhere. I waited my entire CCL Dream cruise in line. I commented about how odd that was all cruise long. Then I saw how the other one did buffets and at 8:30 on excursion morning, we got right to the buffet and had plenty of tables. They just know how to manage people flow.

And the experience was a lot more upscale. Everytime I see someone echo "cruising isn't for me anymore" knowing I felt the same way, I feel like I should say something because my second Dream was SOOO magical. You do get what you pay for. Some people don't care, and some of us have only so much time off between family visits and don't want to spend their entire cruise waiting in line for a hot dog or for MDR waters to get filled, or even a line for self serve ice cream and or a line to get coffee cups on at the buffet...

"The truth is out there."

After cruising for years, this year on the Dream, I felt like I was just cruised out. My friend told me I was Carnivaled out. She is right. I did a 3 day on another cruise line and I'm like an addict. It was hands down one of the best trips our family has EVER had...and it was 4.5 days long!

My suggestion is to try another cruise line because Carnival is just famous for incredibly long lines and crowds everywhere. I waited my entire CCL Dream cruise in line. I commented about how odd that was all cruise long. Then I saw how the other one did buffets and at 8:30 on excursion morning, we got right to the buffet and had plenty of tables. They just know how to manage people flow.

And the experience was a lot more upscale. Everytime I see someone echo "cruising isn't for me anymore" knowing I felt the same way, I feel like I should say something because my second Dream was SOOO magical. You do get what you pay for. Some people don't care, and some of us have only so much time off between family visits and don't want to spend their entire cruise waiting in line for a hot dog or for MDR waters to get filled, or even a line for self serve ice cream and or a line to get coffee cups on at the buffet...

"The truth is out there."

Thanks for this! And you are probably right. My last cruise in 2003 was Carnival and on the 2nd day of this cruise I said to my sister "cruising is not for me" and she said "you said that on the last cruise".

And yes, the lines, oh the lines....for EVERYTHING. It drove me NUTS. I didn't go on vacation to stand in line!

I will definitely keep in mind what you said!

I am cruised out. I have sailed Princess, Royal and Carnival. Next year-- no cruises, going to Punta Cana and Aruba instead.

For me at this time the cruise has become the same ole same.

I am cruised out. I have sailed Princess, Royal and Carnival. Next year-- no cruises, going to Punta Cana and Aruba instead.

For me at this time the cruise has become the same ole same.

I hear ya. Vegas style cruising isn't very different. DCL to me was so different and exciting and refreshing. Its turned me into a obsessive person! I can't hardly turn away when Behind The Magic is on DestAM! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Archived