Taking train from airport to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown?

cruisecritiquer

My DS is an avid train enthusiast so when I found out that there is a train that runs from the airport to virtually the front step of our hotel, I was tempted to forgo our usual livery service and try it out.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how much of a hassle this would be. We would be arriving at 7:30 so would not step foot on the train until almost 8:30 most likely. I'm thinking it would be dark since our travel is in November after the time change. I want to make sure that safety is not a concern.

Thanks in advance!

I like the OP's sister am a train enthusiast an I also am a believer in using public transport over motor vehicles where possible. I plan to use the Miami train and metro system to get from the port to Ft Lauderdale. It will be around 10-11 am on a Sunday. Surely it will be reasonable safe to do so (won't it?).

Not to start anything, but if you do not live in Miami, how do you know it is dangerous. This is a fairly new leg for our (I live in Miami) Metro-Rail system. There is security everywhere, and where the hotel is, lots of people out and about.

Not to start anything, but if you do not live in Miami, how do you know it is dangerous. This is a fairly new leg for our (I live in Miami) Metro-Rail system. There is security everywhere, and where the hotel is, lots of people out and about.

At this point...on a Friday evening...when I don't know my way around well I don't want to take any chances. But, are you saying you disagree or you don't have personal knowledge either but are just asking how he knows?

THe Metro Rail runs from the airport to the downtown hotels.

Is there any public transportation (elevated train) that runs through

Beverly hills.

Its a good choice, the new station at the air port is magnificent.

It connects with Metro rail, local and express buses, Tri rail( shuttle Still)

and taxis.

I have lived here for 40 years and we always use the Metro-Rail to get to the area they are going to. The AAA arena is there and upscale restaurants and night clubs. Miami-Dade College has a campus there that has lots of night classes. They do not close downtown Miami at 8:00 PM.

So yes, I do have some knowledge. I even have a friend who in on the platform at 4:00 in the morning everyday to go to work. She travels through those so called seedy areas as well.

I was a little anoyed that they were trying to make people think Miami is

dangerous. I could not tell them if their city transportation system is bad if I did not live there and use it.

That being said, I was not telling the OP to use it. I was defending the city I live in. I would never use a public transportation system that I was unfamilar with. That is common sense.

I have lived here for 40 years and we always use the Metro-Rail to get to the area they are going to. The AAA arena is there and upscale restaurants and night clubs. Miami-Dade College has a campus there that has lots of night classes. They do not close downtown Miami at 8:00 PM.

So yes, I do have some knowledge. I even have a friend who in on the platform at 4:00 in the morning everyday to go to work. She travels through those so called seedy areas as well.

dangerous. I could not tell them if their city transportation system is bad if I did not live there and use it.

That being said, I was not telling the OP to use it. I was defending the city I live in. I would never use a public transportation system that I was unfamilar with. That is common sense.

Well thank you for informing me of my lack of common sense. Good thing I came to my senses. :rolleyes:

I don't know who pee'ed in your Cheerios but you did not have ton suggest I lack common sense just because you were annoyed with others' opinions. There is something off about how easily you were offended when someone gave their opinion about the metro-rail in your city. Yet you had no problem inserting your own condescending opinions regarding an actual person.

The reason I asked is because the hotel lists the metro rail as a transportation option, something I thought my son would enjoy. My city also has a metro-rail and it's not uncommon for out of towners to use it to get to NFL games, basketball games, and uptown in general where there is not much parking.

I honestly meant that my common sense would not allow me to suggest the metro-rail. I would never put anyone in harms way. I guess my answer sounded a bit condensending. Did not mean it that way. Once again, I am sorry.

Archived