Bottomless Bubbles?

HappyHygienist

Thank you. Is the 15% gratuity a per day fee or each time you use the card?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The 15% gratuity is a one-time fee when you purchase the card. We always buy the card first thing when we get onboard and its a tradition for me and my dad to buy our soda cards at the atrium bar right after we step onboard the ship and then we get a picture together :)

We are sailing the 4 day from Port Canaveral to Bahamas on the Sensation. Can anyone tell me how much the unlimited soda card is for the 4 days? Is there a best time to buy it? TIA!

You can buy it after you board and up to the end of the second day. Many people suggest getting it on the second day since you save one day's worth of charges, plus taxes since you're in international waters. Remember that you can bring some sodas along when you board for that first day (or for longer) in your carry-on (not checked) luggage.

You'll get a sticker for your S&S card which will be honored at all bars and in the dining rooms, but not for room-service.

I purchased mine on the second on Fantasy and saved on the tax. You can use it in the MDR and it worked on Half Moon Cay. Does anyone know if it works on Balmoral beach in Nassau? We sail again next October and am toying with the idea to take that excursion.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you do wait to buy till International waters and want a soda it is something like $2.15 per soda. Not worth the aggrivation to us. We also get them as soon as we board to get it over with. We do bring soda onboard for our son (he has autism and limited diet) to have when he is in the room so we dont have to keep running downstairs.

thanks not concerned to much about cost but were would I/we buy this when we board???is this something I/we could just buy in advance??

Geo of BarbGeo

I believe you have to wait, they put a sticker on your sail/sign card when the package is purchased

thanks not concerned to much about cost but were would I/we buy this when we board???is this something I/we could just buy in advance??

Geo of BarbGeo

You have to buy it on the ship. You can buy it at the atrium bar or on lido deck. They usally have a table set up on lido to buy it. If not go to the starboard side lido bar.

I have used the Bottomless Bubbles program once and probably will not use it again. I found that I was not drinking enough to cover the cost of the program. I think it is around 6 drinks a day to cover cost. Just one thing to consider if you do not drink a lot of Coke. We bring a 12 pack per person and a few waters with us. On our last cruise with the kids we actually left a 12 pack in the room for housekeeping.

On most cruises, about 2 hours after sail away, sometimes less, you'll hit international waters. Wait until then to purchase your Bubbles and you won't pay any tax on it.

If you don't drink a TON of Coke, it's substantially cheaper to just place a 12 pack in your luggage (we put ours in our duffle bag) and check it. We've done this for years and it makes it to the room just fine. We also toss 24 waters in there. (we leave them in their original packaging) 12 pack = 4.99 24 pack of water = 5 bucks. Just a thought.

We only get it for our teen. My husband and I can certainly do without soda pop on a vacation. The iced tea is fine for us. It is fun for the teens though. Rather grown up and a cool thing to do. We always wait until we are sailing, thus skipping tax. We usually wait until the beginning of day 2. Slightly better deal since it is a whole day.

oh....I was unaware you could bring soda in your checked bags. that is a definite option. can I bring my own insulated mug to use if I/we choose bottomless bubbles package? do they charge for each ice tea???

oh....I was unaware you could bring soda in your checked bags. that is a definite option. can I bring my own insulated mug to use if I/we choose bottomless bubbles package? do they charge for each ice tea???

Yes you can bring your own mug. Ice tea is free. :)

I have used the Bottomless Bubbles program once and probably will not use it again. I found that I was not drinking enough to cover the cost of the program. I think it is around 6 drinks a day to cover cost. Just one thing to consider if you do not drink a lot of Coke. We bring a 12 pack per person and a few waters with us. On our last cruise with the kids we actually left a 12 pack in the room for housekeeping.

$6.00 a day for adults for sticker vs 2.00 approx. for each can you would buy separately. Plus tax on both of those options.

So if you buy 3 or more cans a day, it pays to buy the sticker.

You can only bring soda (or pop as we say in ky) as a carry on. That's why I don't bother with it because I don't want to have to lug it around until my room is ready at 1:30

Archived